Are these fighters legends or not (Poll #3)

For Me:

Jens; Yes: First big name in a the smaller weight classes.

Jose; Yes: one of the GOATs

Kazuo; Yes: An early and important pioneer of the sport

Lyoto; No: May very well become a legend, but I don't think he has earned that title yet.

Marco; Yes: Early and important pioneer of the sport. Heck, his first fight was in 1984!!

Aldo - Yes
Machida - Yes

Ruas - No
Pulver - No
Kazuo - No

How can you put Marco Ruas on a poll of possibly not being a legend? The guy was the "first hero of vale tudo" and the guy who the Gracies avoided...He was also the first to create a system that all MMA fighters generally use today; his own hybrid art of Ruas Vale Tudo which incorporated his Luta Livre/BJJ knowledge with his striking background (Muay Thai/boxing). The guy was undefeated in Brazil and owned 6 black belts in 6 separate disciplines...He was also the first to show the effectiveness of leg kicks and first to use footstomps in the octagon. This guy is a legend without question.

Why would Jens be a legend? This is one of those "well he was pretty good fighter once,so he is a legend,and also should be in the hall of fame"

for what?

How can you put Marco Ruas on a poll of possibly not being a legend? The guy was the "first hero of vale tudo" and the guy who the Gracies avoided...He was also the first to create a system that all MMA fighters generally use today; his own hybrid art of Ruas Vale Tudo which incorporated his Luta Livre/BJJ knowledge with his striking background (Muay Thai/boxing). The guy was undefeated in Brazil and owned 6 black belts in 6 separate disciplines...He was also the first to show the effectiveness of leg kicks and first to use footstomps in the octagon. This guy is a legend without question.

haha footstomps are synonymous with his name

Ruas...is one of the first well rounded fighters ever always came to fight and
Pulver IS a legend just never evolved but still a legend
Lyoto and aldo will become legends I'm sure just right now I still think they can accomplish more to solidify legend status as where Ruas and pulver can't but rooting for pulver as always

I voted exactly opposite to this.

EXACTLY!!!

Ruas is the definition of a legend. Machida has too many "split" or "close" decisions to call him legend. If Machida is legend, why isn't Shogun or Rampage mentioned as well. Shogun is more deserving and Rampage unified the UFC and Pride belts. I don't think any of them (Rampage, Shogun, or Machida) are technically legends yet. Come on.

Aldo is on his way, but not there yet.

Jens, I'm not feeling. He was pretty good, but not on the same page as the likes of Anderson, GSP, Fedor, Royce, and Matt Serra......come on.

No to all. Machida may well go down as one but not yet. Same for Aldo.

Why have Yes and No? You could just have 9 fighters names and "none of the above".

Why would Jens be a legend? This is one of those "well he was pretty good fighter once,so he is a legend,and also should be in the hall of fame"

for what?

First UFC LW champion ever, defended his belt twice and never lost it. Beat bigger men in BJ Penn and Dennis Hallman(who beat Hughes twice).

EXACTLY!!!

Ruas is the definition of a legend. Machida has too many "split" or "close" decisions to call him legend. If Machida is legend, why isn't Shogun or Rampage mentioned as well. Shogun is more deserving and Rampage unified the UFC and Pride belts. I don't think any of them (Rampage, Shogun, or Machida) are technically legends yet. Come on.

Aldo is on his way, but not there yet.

Jens, I'm not feeling. He was pretty good, but not on the same page as the likes of Anderson, GSP, Fedor, Royce, and Matt Serra......come on.

I voted yes to Jens based on him being the first UFC lightweight champ, beating BJ when the world was betting against him. In my opinion he helped paved the way for all of the lighter weight fighters of today. Just looking at wins and losses, no you can't count him.

Agreed. Anyone that voted no on Ruas should be flogged.

No to all.

Legend exemplifies having a career that will spoken about for the rest of time. Their careers were so impressive that stories are written about them. It's not a word to be tossed around lightly.

Machida is on the edge. He's a superstar but legend? I don't know. He had good run but was it a legendary run? I don't think so.

Aldo has a strong chance if he continues his run.

Everyone else on the list were just simply stars with flashes of greatness. Pioneers perhaps, but not legends.

marco, Machida, and aldo are (or will be considered) legends.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back