Are These Fighters Legends or Not (Poll#1)

They're all legends, some more so than others. Hendo is numero uno though imo. Pride champ in two weight divisions, Olympian, strife force champ, pride grand prix champ. Beat Fedor. Living legend right there boys.

I like the idea of multiple polls addressing this same question with different fighter selections, then when it is all said and done we will be able to compile a legitimate list of fighters that the majority of sherdog consider to be legends

Imo anyone with over a 75% legend votes should go on the final list of fighters that sherdog considers legends

You are thinking just like I am. What I will actually do is make a list of fighters who fell between 90% and 100%
between 80% and 89%
between 70% and 79%

and so on. But yes I agree with you, but Im a little more lenient and would say 65% and up could be considered a legend by Sherdog.

Yeah but the way it is now people can vote that fighter X both is and isn't a legend

True. And there are those glitches in most every poll, but you just have to trust that 90% of the voters will do it correctly and that the large number of voters will outweigh the stupid outliers.

Penn, Chuck and Hendo are legends. Multiple title defenses or multiple division belt holders.

BJ, Chuck and Hendo for sure, Frye and Severn no imo.

Why don't you consider Randy and Dan two division Champs?

Because they were titlists, not necessarily genuine champions. You could never definitively call Randy or Dan "the man" in two different divisions in their careers. There were always other fighters that had legitimate claims to that title when they were titlists in one or more of the divisions they competed in. BJ was definitively the champion at LW and WW in his career as there were no other titlists at the time with legitimate claims.

The way I see it if a fighter is still active or just retired they are a star or superstar but until after they retire are not legends.

I would consider Severn and Frye pioneers. Not dominate enough.

"NO BJ Penn IS NOT a legend" could technically mean "there exists no BJ Penn who is not a legend" :cool:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO you caught the semantic loophole of my thread! Now it is all meaningless!!!!

Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
No

I would consider Severn and Frye pioneers. Not dominate enough.

Agree to disagree on Dan Severn. Agree and high-five on Don Frye, I believe he's only a pioneer.

Back