Are There Really 7 Planes of Existence?

SevenDays.jpg

Good 90s TV show about time travel by the way.

Pretty much. Funny how the atheists are the only ones who have no proof of their faith. Most of them should claim to be agnostic, but you have to have more of an open mind and be less douchey so that can be hard for them.

Proof of an atheist's position is in all the things a theist can't provide to prove his own.

I understand that must be frustrating.

Agreed. Atheists are the most vocal out of any religions on the internet. And I never understood that. If you don't believe in anything, why the fuck do they always feel the need to tell people about it? If I didn't believe in anything, I wouldn't have shit to say, or give a damn about people who did believe. Don't know why they can't not believe quietly, lol. But even atheists could believe in different dimension and planes of existence, as long as you framed it to them in terms of science (the modern religion that tells people what truth is :rolleyes: )

Really? You can do better than this.

Let's not turn this into an "atheists do this, religion/spiritualist do that" shit circus. The thread is far too interesting and has too much real response potential to get dumped or ruined.

I do think that there are multiple planes of existence although I'd be hesitant to restrict or confirm the number at seven. I also have long been fascinated in that certain commonalities that run through various religions and mythologies are frequently paralleled by scientific theory. Our current understanding of the universe's creation, the formation of the planet and life, are (allegorically) very similar to the Abrahamic book of Genesis. Hindu creationism is similar to both the "yoyo or repeating universe" and Lee Smolin's black hole/baby universe theories. And multiple planes of existence sounds kind of like M theory on it's face.

Either we have an innate understanding of reality that preceded when we could even be considered "life" or the religions and mythologies are so ingrained in us that we must question the validity of even our secular thinking. Perhaps even more so than our intuitions.

Let's not turn this into an "atheists do this, religion/spiritualist do that" shit circus. The thread is far too interesting and has too much real response potential to get dumped or ruined.

I do think that there are multiple planes of existence although I'd be hesitant to restrict or confirm the number at seven. I also have long been fascinated in that certain commonalities that run through various religions and mythologies are frequently paralleled by scientific theory. Our current understanding of the universe's creation, the formation of the planet and life, are (allegorically) very similar to the Abrahamic book of Genesis. Hindu creationism is similar to both the "yoyo or repeating universe" and Lee Smolin's black hole/baby universe theories. And multiple planes of existence sounds kind of like M theory on it's face.

Either we have an innate understanding of reality that preceded when we could even be considered "life" or the religions and mythologies are so ingrained in us that we must question the validity of even our secular thinking. Perhaps even more so than our intuitions.

I just watched an episode of Ancient Aliens (it's a silly show but sometimes it's brain candy) and it was really interesting. It was about dark forces (demons) and the forces of light (angels). Of course the show was trying to make the viewer consider these beings extra terrestrials. But imo it's more likely to be the opposite: demons posing as aliens.

But it brought up a fascinating concept that I've thought about before....that interdimensional entities (whatever you want to label them as) are opposing each other as we speak. I've always considered this to be the war of good vs evil. But it was saying that entities that exist in certain dimensions have NO PHYSICAL FORM, and they try to influence us, since we exist in the physical realm. Their struggle against each other spills over into our physical reality.

It also got into Rasputin, and Alastair Crowley and his drawing of that entity he contacted that he called "Lam." It was one of the better episodes I've seen of that show. And that Lam drawing by Crowley was fucking creepy.

Last edited:
Back