Are There Really 7 Planes of Existence?

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Kick Strickland, Aug 13, 2015.

1. fightdonttweet

fightdonttweet Banned Banned

[​IMG]

Good 90s TV show about time travel by the way.

2. jmag

jmag Brown Belt

7 chakras

3. Sabin

Sabin Blue Belt

Don't believe in 7 planes, but I did like this article.

4. Tycho Brah

Tycho Brah You drink water, I drink anarchy Platinum Member

Proof of an atheist's position is in all the things a theist can't provide to prove his own.

I understand that must be frustrating.

Really? You can do better than this.

5. sleepwalk

sleepwalk pork roll, egg and cheese belt Platinum Member

Let's not turn this into an "atheists do this, religion/spiritualist do that" shit circus. The thread is far too interesting and has too much real response potential to get dumped or ruined.

I do think that there are multiple planes of existence although I'd be hesitant to restrict or confirm the number at seven. I also have long been fascinated in that certain commonalities that run through various religions and mythologies are frequently paralleled by scientific theory. Our current understanding of the universe's creation, the formation of the planet and life, are (allegorically) very similar to the Abrahamic book of Genesis. Hindu creationism is similar to both the "yoyo or repeating universe" and Lee Smolin's black hole/baby universe theories. And multiple planes of existence sounds kind of like M theory on it's face.

Either we have an innate understanding of reality that preceded when we could even be considered "life" or the religions and mythologies are so ingrained in us that we must question the validity of even our secular thinking. Perhaps even more so than our intuitions.

6. CrazyN8

CrazyN8 Custom Title

I remember playing and enjoying that game. Dam I'm getting old.

7. Kick Strickland

Kick Strickland Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

I just watched an episode of Ancient Aliens (it's a silly show but sometimes it's brain candy) and it was really interesting. It was about dark forces (demons) and the forces of light (angels). Of course the show was trying to make the viewer consider these beings extra terrestrials. But imo it's more likely to be the opposite: demons posing as aliens.

But it brought up a fascinating concept that I've thought about before....that interdimensional entities (whatever you want to label them as) are opposing each other as we speak. I've always considered this to be the war of good vs evil. But it was saying that entities that exist in certain dimensions have NO PHYSICAL FORM, and they try to influence us, since we exist in the physical realm. Their struggle against each other spills over into our physical reality.

It also got into Rasputin, and Alastair Crowley and his drawing of that entity he contacted that he called "Lam." It was one of the better episodes I've seen of that show. And that Lam drawing by Crowley was fucking creepy.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
  8. VulcanNervPinch

VulcanNervPinch Gold Belt

9. fightdonttweet

fightdonttweet Banned Banned

How so?

10. Kick Strickland

Kick Strickland Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card