Are there guys out there that actually want a wedding?

h78CDN6.jpg

UrIvn9S.png

Take it from a guy who is still happily married after 31 years together.

The relationship is a lot more important than the wedding. Wedding is just one moment, and as much as people want it to be special, it is a mere instant compared to spending decades together.

There is a whole industry and culture trying to sell the concept that it’s the most important day of your life. Bullcrap. Think of this. If the wedding is the best day of your lives as a couple, then it means that nothing else is gonna be as good?.?? What does that leave you looking forward to?

Don’t let others dictate an expensive and fancy wedding. If that’s what you both want fine, but if not then do your own thing.

Weddings are becoming more and more just expensive charades now.
Even if you (guy or girl) wanted a big lavish ceremony it seems kind of like a bad investment, divorce figures being what the are.

Elope + dope honeymoon sounds like a way better option.

I grew up in the states and am glad I did not have a big wedding ceremony when I got married in Europe. We didn't have much money so just did it down at the local hall. Still together 18 years later so I can tell you that that kind of ceremony isn't important (the romance comes from elsewhere).

I had one 2 years ago. Minimized costs, only had 36 guests. Wasn't that bad, had fun, only 1 guest barfed, no fights - that's a win in my book. ;)

Male feminists, they want to wear the fancy dress too and take their woman's last name.

Wife tries to tease me about the fact that I never bought her an engagement ring . I retaliate by saying maybe she didn't get the ring but pretty much all the couples we know who did the expensive ring and huge lavish weddings are split up , divorced, changing sex , whatever.

We're still together after 21 years of marriage and we did ours on the cheap...I think doing the whole huge wedding thing can kinda blow up in your face....
After 21 years, its probably safe to get her a wedding ring.

Weddings are like a perfect storm of every social anxiety I can imagine. I dread the day it comes.

Yeah it's fuckin hell fueled by an industry and hollywood movies telling wimenz since they are 3 that they are unique princesses that are going to marry the handsome prince in front of the realm.

I married in a very simple ceremony. Town hall + church quick and dirty, only the immediate family.

My wife wanted the whole perfect shit at first but I told her she could forget about it and she came to terms with that.

It might have been a deal breaker otherwise because it signals vanity, decadence and exhibitionism to me.

I wouldn’t mind getting married tbh but having an actual wedding has never been something I’ve desired. I really don’t wanna have a wedding tbh.

My in laws paid for my wedding, so I didn't care what was there, only cared about the music basically.

Nope and neither did my wife. We have about an acre so we rented a big ass event tent, dj service, buffet food selection, fireworks a giant ass bon fire and of course lots of booze. It was a good ole country/rock jamboree wedding.

I wouldn’t mind getting married tbh but having an actual wedding has never been something I’ve desired. I really don’t wanna have a wedding tbh.

Yeah I think the wedding culture actually turns people away from marriage.

Being married is beautiful.

I am not even a believer but the ceremony in the Church had a lot of meaning for my wife and I.

The problem is that consumerism has drived people into believing that the 2 (marriage and a huge bling bling wedding) components are part of the same thing.

I seriously shit all over modern wedding culture.

My wedding was awesome, and I was looking forward to it. Got married in Vegas by a pretty awesome Elvis impersonator. Had 8 family members and we had a friggin blast that week. Cost about 1 grand total for us and we backpacked through Europe for 3 weeks for our Honeymoon.

In NY they are overdone and expensive but fun. We had a great time but I would be lying if I said it wasn’t a giant pain in the ass planning it. No one does small weddings here...we have huge cocktail hours, open bars, djs and bands and invite the world. My wife isn’t like that, but we followed tradition. I only helped pick the tuxes and the DJ, she did the rest. I hated even doing that.

I had a medium sized wedding, about 160 people. Everyone my Wife and I ever cared about was there. It was a blast and was worth it.

-Went to Florida to visit my aunt and grandma
-Bought marriage license
-Hired a notary
-Went to beach and got married
Done.

Back