Are there guys out there that actually want a wedding?

mb23100

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I don't mean marriage I mean a big wedding ceremony. It seems like absolute hell to me and they are super expensive and stressful on top of it. I get they're for women mostly but I was just wondering if there are guys out there that actually want one?

Any dude who wants that is gay. Doing it to make your wife happy is one thing but actually wanting a wedding like that is gayer than a tree full of parrots.

I personally find it weird to spend all that money when I could just use it to go on a really nice honeymoon (not to mention having to mingle with a bunch of people I never see outside of big occasions), but each to their own.

Weddings are like a perfect storm of every social anxiety I can imagine. I dread the day it comes.

I’m Irish. I like weddings. I get blackout drunk with my enormous catholic family.

Weddings are becoming more and more just expensive charades now.

I had a simple one with a few friends and familiy members in a park then went to a demolition derby

and we do it every year to celebrate

My wedding was a blast and was cheap

Fuck that shit on tv

so yea I wanted and enjoyed it and wasnt anxious or anything

6 years married

21 together

The wedding is a ritual that predates modern religion. It's a ceremony that brings all the important people in the 2 people's lives together, asking them to approve of and support the union. Asking for them to be invested in its success.

It's a beautiful aspect of tribe that we almost entirely miss in modern life.

My wedding was fucking great and didn't cost an arm and a leg. A small rural Norman church, a 17th century church hall and catering from a family friend, booze from a trip to France with a van, a ceilidh and all the best people in the world.

Who wouldn't want that?

I don't really care about a wedding, i mean to the point where I would want to spend a small fortune on one. A small ceremony outdoors, or a church or something would be cool by me.
The wedding PARTY is where it's at. Who wouldn't want that?

Weddings seem like a nice place to be for everyone but the groom.

Wife gets taken care of. Maternal side get rid of daughter. Paternal side excited about grandkids. Groomsmen look like pimps. Bridesmaids get a free dress. Everyone gets alcohol.

Then there's the groom. The word used to describe the poor man even sounds like something a dog would excrete.

Weddings seem like a nice place to be for everyone but the groom.

Wife gets taken care of. Maternal side get rid of daughter. Paternal side excited about grandkids. Groomsmen look like pimps. Bridesmaids get a free dress. Everyone gets alcohol.

Then there's the groom. The word used to describe the poor man even sounds like something a dog would excrete.

You're the only one in the room who is guaranteed getting laid that night!

I don't mean marriage I mean a big wedding ceremony. It seems like absolute hell to me and they are super expensive and stressful on top of it. I get they're for women mostly but I was just wondering if there are guys out there that actually want one?
I asked my wife whether she wanted a ceremony. She said yes, but that she didnt want to overdo it. So we had a rather modest ceremony with 25 guests - close friends and relatives.

The wedding is a ritual that predates modern religion. It's a ceremony that brings all the important people in the 2 people's lives together, asking them to approve of and support the union. Asking for them to be invested in its success.

It's a beautiful aspect of tribe that we almost entirely miss in modern life.

My wedding was fucking great and didn't cost an arm and a leg. A small rural Norman church, a 17th century church hall and catering from a family friend, booze from a trip to France with a van, a ceilidh and all the best people in the world.

Who wouldn't want that?

Just when I think I like you , you go and post that.

Now I really like you # no homo.

Wife tries to tease me about the fact that I never bought her an engagement ring . I retaliate by saying maybe she didn't get the ring but pretty much all the couples we know who did the expensive ring and huge lavish weddings are split up , divorced, changing sex , whatever.

We're still together after 21 years of marriage and we did ours on the cheap...I think doing the whole huge wedding thing can kinda blow up in your face....

Wife tries to tease me about the fact that I never bought her an engagement ring . I retaliate by saying maybe she didn't get the ring but pretty much all the couples we know who did the expensive ring and huge lavish weddings are split up , divorced, changing sex , whatever.

We're still together after 21 years of marriage and we did ours on the cheap...I think doing the whole huge wedding thing can kinda blow up in your face....

Agreed, maybe it's a proportional thing, like the more different the wedding is to the everyday life of the people, the less chance of it working out. Unrealistic expectations totally exemplified by the brides extravagances.

Feelings mutual friend!

2 gay colleagues of me are going to marry today. So there is that

Back