Are there enough good fighters now that...

NHB7

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Are there enough worthy fighters in the UFC now that we could have a card with all title fights? The main debate against an all title fight card is that there wouldn't be enough good main events before you could have another title fight....but I feel like there are enough fighters now to make that happen. How epic would that card be?

Are there enough worthy fighters in the UFC now that we could have a card with all title fights? The main debate against an all title fight card is that there wouldn't be enough good main events before you could have another title fight....but I feel like there are enough fighters now to make that happen. How epic would that card be?

ufc 200?

HW, LHW, MW, WW, LW, FW, BW, FLW, WMMA - that's 9 fights (if I haven't forgotten any divisions).
So practically 4 title fights would be on prelims. What honour is in there?

It isn't smart for business. Title fights anchor FOX cards and PPV's when injuries occur or the card isn't that stacked. There is no point in putting more than two title fights on a card.

I understand people have logical reasons to see why it can't or shouldn't happen, but at least admit it would be friggin awesome!

I understand people have logical reasons to see why it can't or shouldn't happen, but at least admit it would be friggin awesome!

Obviously it would be great, but the PPV would be seven hours long and $149.99 in HD.

It would also be awesome for Batman to fight Superman but WTF?

There are enough great fighters to make such a card but it WILL NEVER happen as the UFC makes more $$$ spreading out the title fights around on different shows.

Come - on people stop arguing against the most awesome thing ever and start thinking of what would have to happen in order for it to happen!

You could just as easily stack a couple cards a year with 2-3 title fights and probably get the same buy rate. At some point, it doesn't matter how many more big fights you put on a card - you're already reaching all the market. I really don't think if someone isn't buying a PPV that has three title fights on it already that adding another two or three will do any good.

I'd love to see another UFC 100 type PPV, one with two BIG title fights (not just Jones vs. Vitor type title fights) and a couple big grudge matches.

Imagine a PPV like this:

Georges St-Pierre vs. Top Contender (let's say Ellenberger or Hendricks) - WW Title
Cain Velasquez vs. Alistair Overeem (if Overeem beats Bigfoot) - HW Title
Jon Jones vs. Daniel Cormier (catchweight bout)

Add two or three other good fights on there, fights involving top 10-15 opponents going at it, and you'd probably get around 1 million buys.

Or imagine a card that features GSP vs. Anderson Silva or Anderson Silva vs. Jon Jones at a catchweight bout and has another title fight, like a Lightweight or Featherweight bout...

I don't think you could add any fights to those 3-4 fights that would get the card anymore buys than it would already get.

Do one last epic card with all title fights excluding WMMA,BW and FLW then wrap it up, MMA is getting stale in general so i want it to end on a semi high note.

I think that would be unwise from a business perspective. I think the extra PPV purchases wouldn't be enough to make up for the next stunted events.

That would skew the draw for either the PPV's before or after for several months. Throwing it all into one show would be a huge payout but with marginal PPV activity around it when most top draws are tied into one night.

Two three title fights in one night tops.

Back