Elections Are there better options to the electoral college?

LOL, WUT? What are you sniffing - little girl's hair like biden?

That senile criminal pedophile is in failing health and can't even string together a couple words to make a coherent sentence. At BEST he will be in a wheelchair and drooling on himself at that point. Still can't put it past you dopes to continue supporting that though.
Biden's job approval numbers at 100 days in is at least 10pts higher than Trumps was at this point in his administration. In addition Millennials lean very liberal and millions more Generation Z who leans even more liberal and almost 50% non white will begin to vote in 2024.

Biden's job approval numbers at 100 days in is at least 10pts higher than Trumps was at this point in his administration. In addition Millennials lean very liberal and millions more Generation Z who leans even more liberal and almost 50% non white will begin to vote in 2024.

Which is exactly why this country is fucked.

Which is exactly why this country is fucked.
This country came very close to being fucked when millions of dumbasses thought it would be a good idea to elect a reality tv show, scam university running con man POTUS in 2016, luckily Joe Biden sent the reality tv show con man into retirement on Nov 3 2020.

This country came very close to being fucked when millions of dumbasses thought it would be a good idea to elect a reality tv show, scam university running con man POTUS in 2016, luckily a rigged election sent the reality tv show con man into retirement on Nov 3 2020.

Fixed.

EC is winner take all in almost every state. Don't engage in big boy conversations unless you you know the topic.
dear god, you are dumb as fucking rocks. Let's do some math.
EC: 270 electors to win, Biden in 2020 clinched that after he won 17 states.
Popular vote: We'll be lazy and just say you need 50 percent of cast votes to win and ignore the 2 percent that went to 3rd party candidates. So that means with 158 million votes cast, you need 79 million to win. Biden only hit that threshold after counting his votes from over half of the states.

So can you explain to me how a popular vote leads to three states electing the president?

1*5dkzrblSh_JcJkb-8Q7cVQ.jpeg

What do you mean their votes mean nothing? Listen up dipshit, the libtard cesspools of CA, NY, and IL alone give almost 40% of the required electoral votes for the ENTIRE nation. Tell me how THREE states should rule all 50.

You libtards are truly dense.
California alone has more republican voters than SC, AL, MI, and LA combined. Why do you hate conservatives and want to make their votes meaningless?

LOL, WUT? What are you sniffing - little girl's hair like biden?

That senile criminal pedophile is in failing health and can't even string together a couple words to make a coherent sentence. At BEST he will be in a wheelchair and drooling on himself at that point. Still can't put it past you dopes to continue supporting that though.

:) Yeah, everyone who isn't in your party is a criminal pedophile. That's how low the modern GOP is now. Completely dead intellectually and morally.

Buying votes by promising welfare and subsidized housing to people trapped in the ghetto is real, jack. Trapping people in the ghetto with government subsidies is real. Punishing people on government subsidies that get married is real. The detriment to children in fatherless homes is real.
The reason that poor people that live in rural areas are more conservative is that they are happier and have a better life and they know it. Many get a benefit, but they do other things to supplement, have family, way less crime and a community that they know and have their back, regardless of race.
Contrary to current beliefs, there is nothing new under the sun. All of these political movements have been enacted before and the electoral college was a brilliant safeguard to ensure that the flock that grouped around the castle to get the scraps that were handed out by the royalty couldn't overrule those who did not.
I know it doesn't seem in context but it's nuance. Quite relevant to the discussion.

Enacting popular policy is real. The EC has nothing to do with the issue, though.

dear god, you are dumb as fucking rocks. Let's do some math.
EC: 270 electors to win, Biden in 2020 clinched that after he won 17 states.
Popular vote: We'll be lazy and just say you need 50 percent of cast votes to win and ignore the 2 percent that went to 3rd party candidates. So that means with 158 million votes cast, you need 79 million to win. Biden only hit that threshold after counting his votes from over half of the states.

So can you explain to me how a popular vote leads to three states electing the president?
The popular vote in each state I mentioned wins all the EC votes. WTF don't you understand?

The popular vote in each state I mentioned wins all the EC votes. WTF don't you understand?

Yeah, so we should just have a national popular vote so everyone's vote counts in the final figure, and this nonsense theory that 100% of the voters in any particular state vote the same can be ignored.

You just were prattling on about how the electoral college uses the winner takes all system. That isn't a popular vote. So which is it, is the electoral college a popular vote or not?

I would like to see the EC votes split by state percentage. It gives the minority voters a voice in each state.

I would like to see the EC votes split by state percentage. It gives the minority voters a voice in each state.

That would go a long way toward realigning the EC and PV votes, I think. Until recently, I think everyone admitted that the EC was stupid but people also realized that it basically didn't matter, that the PV winner would almost always also win the EC. When it briefly looked like Democrats had an EC advantage, Republicans were whining about it and Democrats were mostly OK with fixing the system, but now that it looks like A) Republicans have a huge EC edge and B) they seem increasingly unpopular, it's become some kind of sacred principle (with various shifting bullshit arguments) for partisans.

That would go a long way toward realigning the EC and PV votes, I think. Until recently, I think everyone admitted that the EC was stupid but people also realized that it basically didn't matter, that the PV winner would almost always also win the EC. When it briefly looked like Democrats had an EC advantage, Republicans were whining about it and Democrats were mostly OK with fixing the system, but now that it looks like A) Republicans have a huge EC edge and B) they seem increasingly unpopular, it's become some kind of sacred principle (with various shifting bullshit arguments) for partisans.

I didn’t look it up to see if it would change the results of any elections. My reasoning is such that If the point of the EC is to make sure the voters in smaller states have a voice then why not offer the minority voters in all states a voice. I think it would also cut out the disgusting drama that all Americans were just subjected to this last year.

EDIT: I would rather it be a percentage split than based on winning or loosing a congressional districts.

Last edited:
I didn’t look it up to see if it would change the results of any elections. My reasoning is such that If the point of the EC is to make sure the voters in smaller states have a voice then why not offer the minority voters in all states a voice. I think it would also cut out the disgusting drama that all Americans were just subjected to this last year.

Just to be clear, that's not the point of the EC. The point of the EC was that the founders didn't anticipate political parties or national media. They figured that voters wouldn't know much about the candidates but would know who they trusted locally to make informed decisions. And then they figured that there would rarely be anyone who won a majority of EC voters so most presidential elections would be narrowed down by the EC and then decided by the House. The way it is now, it's almost kind of random how some states swing and thus get targeted more.

You just were prattling on about how the electoral college uses the winner takes all system. That isn't a popular vote. So which is it, is the electoral college a popular vote or not?
Hey dumbass, the popular vote of each state determines who wins their electoral votes. Jesus christ. Get a clue.

Senators are randomly selected like the jury system and screened. They are then sequestered from public life during their term and given a list of what the citizens determine are the top 5 problems. They are tasked with coming up with the framework of the solutions to these problems and are given their walking papers when they agree to pass these solutions. They are paid minimum wage and given federal benefits until their term is over.

Hey dumbass, the popular vote of each state determines who wins their electoral votes. Jesus christ. Get a clue.
Lol ok. So explain to me how does one win a popular vote nationally wiith only 3 states?

Back