Are there any UFC fighters that train at a UFC Gym?

Charlestonboy

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
DSC09932-500x375.jpg
I can't think of any.

A few do on occasion. Stickland trains there outside of his time at Millennia.

Well thats the point of UFC gym.People think they can look like UFC fighters if they go to that gym.

Mike Dolce tranes UFC at every UFC gym bro

They only teach UFC there, if you wanna learn boxing or wrassling you have to go to the UFC's competitor, AKA MMA (Also Knows As Mixed Martial Arts)

The UFC tries to market just the UFC and not MMA so you don't hear much about them. That's why they forced Cormier to lose, he trains MMA at AKA. Their heavyweight champ was bad enough.

Fake black belts and cardio kickboxing classes. They use to be Bally's or something of that nature. But, it's where they have open workouts and stuff and it brings them in a good amount of business and name brand. Mostly it's just guys with beards walking around.

James Irvin coaches at one iirc. So does Ana Julaton.

Think they are more just for fighters to go to if they are in the area. Hear people all the time going to them, week of the fight and shit.

Hahaha...NO!

I used to train at a UFC Gym for a bit, absolute money makers. The management didn't even want their members fighting cos of liability. I had to leave when I wanted to get back in the ring and fight again in order to get the necessary training

I don't think any do on a full time basis. It appears to me that its mostly making appearances and using it when convenient right before a fight outside their home base. I think those gyms are meant to be the UFC version of a 24 hour fitness. Not really serious fighter gyms.

I know for a fact Kelvin Gastelum used to train at a UFC gym. I'm not sure if he still does though......doubt it.

Back