Are there any professional sports where a world-class manlet can excel at against bigger opponents?

Sorry but taller wide receivers are better. Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, Antonio Brown, Gronk, etc.

Uh, ok. I can see this argument is going nowhere. I can also see the AB is 5 foot 10, and the leading receiver in the NFL, likely headed to the hall of fame someday

Uh, ok. I can see this argument is going nowhere. I can also see the AB is 5 foot 10, and the leading receiver in the NFL, likely headed to the hall of fame someday

It's all relative also. Taller guys than Rice and Moss out there.

It's all relative also. Taller guys than Rice and Moss out there.

Regardless, in the NFL a world class manlet can excel against bigger opponents. That is clear to me. I didn't even talk about QBs, corners, and barely broached the RBs

only on Sherdog can Mike Tyson be considered a manlet. ffs.

Regardless, in the NFL a world class manlet can excel against bigger opponents. That is clear to me. I didn't even talk about QBs, corners, and barely broached the RBs

I was trying to make the point that it wasn't all about height. There were taller WRs in the NFl

Being small certainly isn't an advantage, but it isn't insurmountable.

Theo-Fleury2.jpg

Theoren Fleury, 5'6", 1088 career points

front.jpg

Cliff Ronning, 5'8", 869 career points

John_Ross_Roach.png

John Ross Roach, 5'5", Stanley Cup Winner, All Star

Being small certainly isn't an advantage, but it isn't insurmountable.

John_Ross_Roach.png

John Ross Roach, 5'5", Stanley Cup Winner, All Star

This guy had a massive 5-head though. Think of all the pucks he could block.

A lot of non contact sports are favorable to manlets. Cricket for example.

rohit-08-1510136399.jpg

Most of the CrossFit guys aren't real big or tall.

In Euro football it's an advantage to have a low center of gravity and the ability to accelerate quickly if you are playing certain positions. Messi has left hundreds of big defenders in the dust over the years.

In road cycling and long distance running it's an advantage not to be too big and heavy for obvious reasons.

I'd imagine most sports involving weapons make size irrelevant - archery, skishooting etc. I have a friend who does a sort of viking-style fighting sport in my country and apparently a crew of little guys wielding spears are widely feared and respected.

Tennis is mostly medium sized guys, interestingly. The big guys don't reach the pinnacle and the smaller guys don't seem to stay there long.

But even basketball has got people like Isaiah Thomas.

The top male tennis players are almost all over 6 feet.

Manlets can do anything they put. Anything they put. They put... any ---

giphy.gif

Anything. Goddammit.

Back