Are there any professional sports where a world-class manlet can excel at against bigger opponents?

Sakuraba is #1

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Horse Jockeys don’t count as they compete against other manlets. Olympic weight lifting comes to mind. I think manlets actually have an advantage here. Probably gymnastics as well. You can pretty much rule out the following:

Football
Basketball
Baseball
Hockey
Boxing/MMA

I’m on the fence with soccer and tennis.

There are examples of manlets excelling in all of those sports. Jose Altuve was the AL MVP last year and that mother fucker's like 5'6" with heels on. I watched him play in Seattle last year and he looked like a kid playing on a team with a bunch of grown ass men.

Last edited:
I would imagine shorter wrestlers have advantages in their weightclass, at least in terms of lower center of gravity for shooting TDs

I means manlets with similar skill levels of their bigger counterparts. Where height isn’t an advantage.

Uhhh... Darren Sproles, Julian Edelman, Maurice Jones-Drew, Steve Smith, Barry muthafuckin Sanders, c'mon man

That's football. The fat guys get in the way and the little guys run with the ball

Sorry but taller wide receivers are better. Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, Antonio Brown, Gronk, etc.

Just look at every running back in the NFL...

Pretty much all under five foot, nine..

But they pack about 250+lbs and smash through Giants ..

Running backs are probably the only position because of their low center of gravity.

In Euro football it's an advantage to have a low center of gravity and the ability to accelerate quickly if you are playing certain positions. Messi has left hundreds of big defenders in the dust over the years.

In road cycling and long distance running it's an advantage not to be too big and heavy for obvious reasons.

I'd imagine most sports involving weapons make size irrelevant - archery, skishooting etc. I have a friend who does a sort of viking-style fighting sport in my country and apparently a crew of little guys wielding spears are widely feared and respected.

Tennis is mostly medium sized guys, interestingly. The big guys don't reach the pinnacle and the smaller guys don't seem to stay there long.

But even basketball has got people like Isaiah Thomas.

Competition diving, judo, soccer (maybe not a goalkeeper) and all sorts of motor sports.

Horse Jockeys don’t count as they compete against other manlets. Olympic weight lifting comes to mind. I think manlets actually have an advantage here. Probably gymnastics as well. You can pretty much rule out the following:

Football
Basketball
Baseball
Hockey
Boxing/MMA

I’m on the fence with soccer and tennis.

definitely with soccer. the greatest player of all time, diego maradona, was like 5'5". yes, he's better than messi, ronaldo, pele, etc., to me anyway.

Well I mean clearly you can in soccer, some of the best players ever are under 5'8.

Back