Television Are there any more shows like Rome?

Rome is unique because the show highlights the transition of a society from the views of 2 common soldiers. There's no other show like Rome. But you may like The Tudors, Marco Polo or Black Sails.

The Wire. You saw the same translation of power froM Micheal to Ormar. And Naymon to The Sentor.

Rome is unique because the show highlights the transition of a society from the views of 2 common soldiers. There's no other show like Rome. But you may like The Tudors, Marco Polo or Black Sails.
I wanted to like Black Sails but every instinct for two seasons tuning in and out told me it was written by boring people

The Knick was solid historical TV drama if you like Clive Owen tripping balls on morphine 24 hours a day

GoT was a children's show in comparison to Rome.

Especially, when it lost the crutch of GRRM's writing.
It was a great show before GRRMs departure. It definitely fell apart. Still solid but not great.
Vikings and The Last Kingdom are both great shows now IMO

If u like historical fiction based somewhat on reality the Tudors on showtime was good ...

She be getting it a lot in it ... before she was in game of thrones

That’s how I knew GOT was fake actually, cause King Henry chopped off her head well before she was CGI into thrones

Last edited:
Nothing like Rome really. Black Sails had the cast, the idea, the sets, a great premise, but boring writing. Outlander is chick material. I hear good things about Turn and The Last Kingdom.

the season 1 finale with the baby was a pretty standard storytelling device but they executed it so creepily it fucked everyone up in the audience forever

Only thing I remember from season 1 is they fought this giant albino guy called the Shadow Of Death. That was cool. Rest of the season was sort of off-brand 300, but that particular scene wouldn't have been out of place in the movie.

Also, am I the only one who thinks Game of Thrones is a spiritual successor to Rome?

549917.jpg

Does that chick have polio?

That crook neck is a known side effect.

@JabToucher

I loved Rome
Feels like Vikings is closest thing to a "successor"

Spartacus was enjoyable trash
Black Sails kinda like Spartacus but less enjoyable

There are parts of Vikings that are good.

I gave up on that show about ten minutes in, when they depicted Kattegatt as a fjord in Norway.
Kattegatt is an area of ocean bounded by the flattest, sandiest regions in Scandinavia.
It was like making Las Vegas an antarctic port city.

Closest to the quality for medieval shows, would be GOT. Well, at least the first four season, before it went all schlock.

"Spartacus" is good, but it's more like a comic book version of ancient Rome, so don't expect the same level of depth. It's good though. Great characters, and the they do what they can with their budget. Oh', and Xena tits.

Spartacus.

Not really like Rome, it was like a TV version of 300. The same over the top sex and violence. It was super popular on Sherdog, and it was a fun watch.

I agree. I’ve watched quite a bit on xnxx.com and xhamster.com.

Back