Are there any libetarians here? I want to join but don't understand what it is.

America prior to the 30s could be said to be something close to a Libertarian system and 19th century Britain as well.

It’s not a case of “it can’t happen” but just that it isn’t that popular and is easily eroded in a democracy.

Once people start legislating morals and start passing regulations on business (usually started by business to keep competitors out) it falls apart by definition.

It pretty much is impossible to do in a democracy but obviously it wouldn’t be “freedom” under a dictatorship either

LOL Except for the free 360 acres stolen from injuns.... the largest entitlement program of all time. I guess it was pretty libertarain.

(for those that don't know what I'm talking about Homestead act and Southern Homestead act gave away over 50 trillion in todays value in land away to white families and they stole it to give it away - both anti libertarian)

Last edited:
It’s the only option when you think people on the left and the right are all a bunch of sheep who agree with every issue their overlords tell them to.

I vote Libertarian to break the two party system that Americans obviously can’t seem to handle in this day and age.

"I want to join it but I don't know what it is"

Yes, I know it sounds ridiculous. I have an ideal vision of what I think it is and hope it is that. I am so disillusioned with democrats and republicans there has to be something else. We can't live in an oligarchy with 2 corrupt systems. Forgive me for trying.

It’s the only option when you think people on the left and the right are all a bunch of sheep who agree with every issue their overlords tell them to.

I vote Libertarian to break the two party system that Americans obviously can’t seem to handle in this day and age.

Yes, exactly!!

Very good suggestion, thanks man. I took the test as you said. This is what i got:

View attachment 815430

Does this make me a libetarian?
tenor.gif

How they rate the 2020 election candiates...

https://www.politicalcompass.org/uselection2020

Your closer to Green than anyone else.

America prior to the 30s could be said to be something close to a Libertarian system and 19th century Britain as well.

It’s not a case of “it can’t happen” but just that it isn’t that popular and is easily eroded in a democracy.

Once people start legislating morals and start passing regulations on business (usually started by business to keep competitors out) it falls apart by definition.

It pretty much is impossible to do in a democracy but obviously it wouldn’t be “freedom” under a dictatorship either

America never had free markets. Thats a tent pole position of libertarianism. I don’t recall America ever being this way. Especially before 1930.

Wow Trump is extreme authoritarian right on that chart. lol!!!

Biden is close to Trump too! I knew I liked Biden, middle of the road democrat, not too far to the left. In your opinion, where is a libetarian in that chart. I wish they would have included that.

They did, Jorgensen.

America never had free markets. Thats a tent pole position of libertarianism. I don’t recall America ever being this way. Especially before 1930.
That settles it. Possibly the worst political hack on Sherdog doesn’t recall it, score is settled.

And yeah, no shit America never had a truly free market, that’s pretty much impossible to pull off, doesn’t mean there wasn’t times where it got closer to that.

What do you mean? Look at this: https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libertarianism

Do you see anything in there that those clowns on the stage were talking about? I don't. Licenses not needed to drive?

giphy.gif

They were talking about Libertarianism. They were Libertarians. They were talking about eliminating government involvement in permitting people to drive. That is the smaller government. That is what they are all about.

They were talking about Libertarianism. They were Libertarians. They were talking about eliminating government involvement in permitting people to drive. That is the smaller government. That is what they are all about.

They could be extremists. Isn't it like zooming in on a toothless biker with a MAGA hat on foaming at the mouth while screaming at traffic and calling him a republican gentleman?

To highlight how far things have shifted towards the right in the US who said this?

"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group, of course, that believes you can do these things. Among them are H. L. Hunt (you possibly know his background), a few other Texas oil millionaires, and an occasional politician or business man from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid."

It was Ike

Last edited:
To highlight how far things have shifted towards the right in the US who said this?

"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group, of course, that believes you can do these things. Among them are H. L. Hunt (you possibly know his background), a few other Texas oil millionaires, and an occasional politician or business man from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid."

It was Ike[spoiler[
No looking Eisenhower?

What happened is ratchet effect.
http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org/stopme/chapter02.html

It's a further version of the socially liberal/fiscally conservative that most democrats and republicans already claim they are but aren't. The biggest places they differ from republicans is they want lax or no immigration laws, abortions and to legalize street drugs, which are about the only things democrats agree with them on. Where they disagree in those specific areas is that libertarians don't think taxpayers should pay for those things, along with all the other degeneracy democrats want your taxes raised to pay for.

I took the test and got one box to thr right and one box to the libertarian.

Back