Are there any fights you firmly believe were fixed?

Doesn't make sense to fix the 2nd one unless it was to make Chael win for the rubber match. The ending of the first one still boggles my mind as far as sketchiness goes. Chael said he felt himself going out and then woke up and was being told he tapped. But at the moment he tapped, the triangle was barely locked in at all and he was still struggling. Idk, just don't see how that triangle was tight enough to make him go out. And if you're going to fix a fight, that would have been the perfect one. It put both Chael and Anderson on the map as far as ratings go.
I mean regardless of the reasoning / sense behind why they might fix the 2nd fight..The ending was extremely sketchy and 100% looked like Chael took a dive.

Then the UFC proceeded to proclaim silva to be the #1 p4p fighter / best fighter to ever live. etc

I mean regardless of the reasoning / sense behind why they might fix the 2nd fight..The ending was extremely sketchy and 100% looked like Chael took a dive.

Then the UFC proceeded to proclaim silva to be the #1 p4p fighter / best fighter to ever live. etc

This one is easily explained in that Chael had a tendency to quit in his fights when things get tough. He's talked about it before. It's why he's been triangles 10 times

Ogawa vs Leko
Ogawa vs Goodridge

This one is easily explained in that Chael had a tendency to quit in his fights when things get tough. He's talked about it before. It's why he's been triangles 10 times
quit from what exactly though? Silva didn't even hit him.. lol

Takada vs Coleman if we are being serious.

Probably most of Bob Sapp's fights, as someone pointed out.

Rumble vs Vitor was sketchy as fuck with the quick stand ups.

Kimbo v. James Thompson
Franklin v. Shamrock

I'm a firm believer that Shammy dropped down for a leg lock in the most retarded way possible and paid the price for it. I don't think the fight was fixed, he was just trying something super risky on a very skilled opponent.

Any fight that Conor won. Diaz was paid to lose the first fight but he said fuck that and went Stockton on him. They paid him a lot more money for him to throw the second one.

Lol at the idea of the UFC fixing fights in the last 5+ years.

I think you could argue there was some conspiracy theory behind Silva winning the first chael fight as well. Considering how much of a blow It would've been to have the "#1 p4p fighter" lose In such fashion. Also, I believe sonnen failed the drug test afterwards..and It's possible they knew about It beforehand.

Chael just kind of put on this performance as to say "this is what would've really happened"

just some theories tho haha
more like chael taking the dive 2nd time around. he wins that 100% if he doesnt throw that spinning elbow shit lmao (move hes never done before)

Back