Are the UFC going to sell Werdum/Cain based on Altitude?

opponent

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
On Cain being out of shape?

At high altitude?

Rusty?

"Here is a champion who can be anyone in the world on any given day, who is the baddest man on the planet. But was out for too long, got rusty and fought at high altitude. I can't wait for this fight." - Rogan

if they can sell bethe vs ronda and ronda vs tate III they can sell anything

of course, they cant tell the truth and say that they really jus want a Mexican champ

Werdum will be viewed as the heel that took Cain's belt and his pride in front of Cain's supposed home crowd.

The UFC will really pour on how long Cain was out for the injuries and then will portray with some low budget CGI on how the evil "altitude" cost him the fight.

Will also play the "redemption" card.

Well they were like 7000' up. He clearly hasn't had cardio issues in the past, and he was coming of a very long layoff.

Didn't half a dozen fighters puke that evening after they fought? They should never over do a high altitude card again.

Reminded me of when they went to Abu Dhabi... "Well we're in a dessert, guys.... might be a bit hot in the cage. Good luck!"

They'll market it like how they marketed Cain-JDS 3 (He had rhabdo from overtraining).

On Cain being out of shape?

At high altitude?

Rusty?

"Here is a champion who can be anyone in the world on any given day, who is the baddest man on the planet. But was out for too long, got rusty and fought at high altitude. I can't wait for this fight." - Rogan
Spot on. They're going to have to grasp at straws to sell this rematch as legitimate.

Spot on. They're going to have to grasp at straws to sell this rematch as legitimate.

They don't care about the people who care about the legitimacy of the sport.

Because we stay anyway.

Just Bleed!!!

Well they were like 7000' up. He clearly hasn't had cardio issues in the past, and he was coming of a very long layoff.

Didn't half a dozen fighters puke that evening after they fought? They should never over do a high altitude card again.

Reminded me of when they went to Abu Dhabi... "Well we're in a dessert, guys.... might be a bit hot in the cage. Good luck!"

hasnt had cardio issues before? the majority of his fights ended in the 1st round. this cardio machine Cain myth was started and perpetuated by Rogan and UFC after his second fight with JDS, who really didnt make Cain work too hard.

So you're saying he has always had bad cardio? He's had several fights that went well past the first round, and he didn't gas in those. And now he can barely throw strikes at like 50% speed in the third, and this is normal..?

And all those other fighters that gassed that night as well have bad cardio too?

That's.... interesting.

Virtually undefeated is Cain at c level, joe!
"That's right, Mike. We will see a different Cain tonight, at sea-level. He will be more physically strong, and he will hurt him, Mike. It's gonna' have to be deep and tight to finish him tonight, Mike".

UFC 188 broke the record for most fighters puking after fights...

http://www.mmamania.com/2015/6/14/8...ord-for-most-fighters-puking-after-fights-mma

"[Werdum] looked unbelievable. He came into this fight with a great game plan. He went up [to train] into higher elevation than Mexico City. People think Denver, Colo., is a tough place to fight. This is a tough place to fight. I think we broke the record for guys puking in the back -- like six guys threw up after their fights. This altitude kills you here."

The rust was a real issue. The altitude is straight up bullshit. It just makes Werdum the better fighter.

What if he trains in mexico at altitude again? His conditioning will still be excellent. Will people try to use this to discredit him? "Get that fucking goof out of the mountains!" - Dana.

So you're saying he has always had bad cardio? He's had several fights that went well past the first round, and he didn't gas in those. And now he can barely throw strikes at like 50% speed in the third, and this is normal..?

And all those other fighters that gassed that night as well have bad cardio too?

That's.... interesting.

How many of those fights did he get the shit kicked out of him in, though? 0
How many of those could he not take down his opponent? Also 0

Your conditioning is a lot stronger when you're winning. I'm not saying Cain's conditioning is bad, it's great. His gas tank was just one variable in the loss.

Last edited:
They will sell it based on Cains " Brown pride" tattoo

Back