Are the UFC and Mcgregor treating the roster and fans like idiots?

They spread propaganda to brainwash the fans. Its working quite well obviously. Look at all the Conor threads.

Yeah but if McGregor WWE fans would actually take pleasure out of seeing him in fights that raise real legit questions then the money would still roll in and we would get to see him maybe pushed a bit like in the Mendes fight.

Go back and look at the threads were Aldo pulled out first. A lot of people thought Chad was going to murk Conor, this will be the wrestling question.
Conor wins, they blame short camp.

Conor then takes on Aldo, who's ruled the FW division for 10 years and P4P #1.
Conor beats him in 13 seconds.

Conor is then schedule to fight RDA, bigger & badder than Edgar. RDA pulls out.
Conor takes on a taller and rangier Nate Diaz. This should be answering the 'Conor fights midgets/Conor just is bigger with longer reach' question.

Instead, the haters are preempting a loss or are just plain uneducated about the situation, like you on the Khabib front.

You said the phrase "business aside" but you need to understand that business does not stand aside to anything in MMA. Conor brings in the money so he fights who he wants. He has picked his opponents for a while now and it'll continue like that.

There are a lot of things to dislike about the special treatment that the guy gets but here are also a ton of things about him to like. He continually accepts last minute fights against replacements. A lot of people would never do that.

It makes logical sense. If I had evidence then it wouldn't be a very good cover-up, now would it? I also have no true evidence he really did break his foot.
Doesn't make much logical sense to me. Why go through the risk and trouble of faking a fight and bribing a bunch of people just to get a big fight at 200, when they will probably have Conor in a super fight there regardless. Way too much risk for little reward, what if it gets out that you bribed a fighter to fake an injury? How many fans/money would that lose you?

UFC cares about their image 100x more than they do a fight. If you want to convince me of something like that, you need evidence.

You said the phrase "business aside" but you need to understand that business does not stand aside to anything in MMA. Conor brings in the money so he fights who he wants. He has picked his opponents for a while now and it'll continue like that.

There are a lot of things to dislike about the special treatment that the guy gets but here are also a ton of things about him to like. He continually accepts last minute fights against replacements. A lot of people would never do that.
Conor could be 10x worse. At least he fights regularly and seems to like competition. Mayweather ended up fighting like once every year against tailor made opponents

Nate says the UFC and Mcgregor knew that they would wind up fighting each other in the event of a Dos Anjos withdrawal, allegedly as a precursor to a fight with Lawler at UFC200. Even though they offered the fight to others, Neither Edgar, Pettis, Cerrone or anyone else for that matter we're really ever in the running, but we're just really a smoke screen to ensure Mcgregor's fight anyone, anytime, anywhere mantra remained intact.

If there was ever a time where a fighter union was necessary it was now, as there are a few fighters to say the least who's careers are on hold because of the UFC's infatuation with Mcgregor. The reality is Mcgregor should have been made to defend the FW title before moving up, a fight and victory against Edgar would have left no doubt in anyone's minds that Mcgregor had effectively cleaned out the top end of his division and rightfully earned an immediate LW title shot.

Business aside this sport suffers from complacency when it comes to keeping the promoter honest simply because MMA fans lazily accept the twisted farcical logic and outright lies that Dana and co. and now Mcgregor spew to us. The very few that understand the threat that Edgar was to Mcgregor are now deprived of seeing if McGregor even had an answer for Frankie Edgar. This is a fight real fans wanted to see and will now probably never will all because the UFC and McGregor have twisted the truth just enough to convince the masses that Frankie never really wanted the fight and that Mcgregor has moved on.

McGregor won't lift the pay scale or do anything positive for MMA fighters over all, he will just do what he says, light a fire, walk away and watching it burn, shame on MMA fans for thinking that the Martial Arts in Mixed Martial Arts ever stood for anything but greed and selfishness.

Your infatuation with Mcgregor made you write that wall of BS.

Conor could be 10x worse. At least he fights regularly and seems to like competition. Mayweather ended up fighting like once every year against tailor made opponents
You get to that point where it doesn't make sense to accept just anyone. Conor might already be there yet he's accepting fights. Respectable.

Yeah but that's only because like the WWE they all want to see the circus, if McGregor smokes Nate all it says is that McGregor is as good as we all already know he is. I just want to see the fights that i know will push Mcgregor, because these one sided shellackings are getting old while the guys that we all know will at least create questions get overlooked because MMA fans like a circus more.

Lots thought Chad would win, it's not McG's fault Aldo and RDA pulled out.

Who should he have fought instead. Edgar is hurt, Aldo said no, Diaz beat Cowboy(recently got torched by rda), Pettis lost two in a row, Khabib hasn't fought in 2 years(not a big name probably wouldn't sell well) and said he couldn't fight in March until now. Even if Khabib was current and good for march I wouldn't blame any striker not taking a guy like Khabib on 9 days anyway without a full camp dedicated to his style. Again McGregor had a killer lined up and he pulled out, it's not his fault.

Diaz two week cardio is probably better than 80% of the roster, he has great boxing, bjj, tall and has range. It's the fight most fans wanted to see.

Doesn't make much logical sense to me. Why go through the risk and trouble of faking a fight and bribing a bunch of people just to get a big fight at 200, when they will probably have Conor in a super fight there regardless. Way too much risk for little reward, what if it gets out that you bribed a fighter to fake an injury? How many fans/money would that lose you?

UFC cares about their image 100x more than they do a fight. If you want to convince me of something like that, you need evidence.

I'm not trying to convince anyone, it is just my opinion. And it may have even been RDA's idea thinking he would make more money at UFC 200.

Back