Are the GOT books worth reading after the show?

If you enjoy the world the show presented you then yes they are worth reading. People bitch about book four a lot but like most things it's not as bad as the bitching would lead you to believe.

Never read the books but stannis is still alive right?...before hbo pulled their nonsense with his character...
Yes.

The books are great. The only downside is that there isn't an ending. :(

If there was, Littlefinger would probably end up as king at the end LOL

Never read the books but stannis is still alive right?...before hbo pulled their nonsense with his character...
In the preview of Winds of Winter, if I remember correctly, it was implied he died vs Bolton’s army

Even if they are never finished,they are worth reading.

The books aren't worth reading as long as GRRM doesn't finish it because you'll have to stick with whatever shitty conclusion D&D gave us.

WRONG

More books = More Stannis (the Mannis)

But subconsciously we all know Stannis is a headless corpse because that's the only conclusion we know from the damn series.

But subconsciously we all know Stannis is a headless corpse because that's the only conclusion we know from the damn series.
It doesnt matter. A book reader needs more stannis like a sword needs a whetstone

Someone did the math and took the total number of words in Dance of Dragons (Book 5) and divided it by the number of days between the release of Book 4 and Book 5 (5 years between publishing) and the result was that GRRM wrote, on average, 137 words per day that eventually made it into the final draft.

At this point, eight years since the last book, GRRM, a professional author, has spent more eating, than writing.

Someone did the math and took the total number of words in Dance of Dragons (Book 5) and divided it by the number of days between the release of Book 4 and Book 5 (5 years between publishing) and the result was that GRRM wrote, on average, 137 words per day that eventually made it into the final draft.

At this point, eight years since the last book, GRRM, a professional author, has spent more eating, than writing.
George-RR-Martin-IS-NOT-YOUR-BITCH-Neil-_1.jpg

IDK, but if you got a minute this is worth a watch

He's been playing his fanbase for bitches for years.

1st book was released in 1996.
2nd book was released in 1998.
3rd book was released in 2000.

Then, he started to get lazy.

4th book was released in 2005.

And lazier...

5th book was released in 2011.

And... eight years later, he keeps saying "Winds of Winter will be released when its finished." Which is actually a respectful response to the same question he's asked a dozen times every day by idiots. That has got to be pretty aggravating.

But, after 8 years, it would be respectful to his fanbase if he'd give some kind of progress update. To at least assure fans its still being worked on, because 'It'll be released when its finished' could be a cute way to say "Im never finishing it. Thank you for your investment of time and passion into my series. But now that I'm a very wealthy man, I have no motivation to finish the series, because fuck you."

GRRM could have been the author of the absolute best fantasy series of all time, but with it eventually being incompleted due to both laziness and success of the author, it'll just be forgotten after GRRM passes away.

Some creators are driven to success to establish a legacy to be long remembered after their time ends on this planet.

Other creators are driven to success by money, having fun with it, and not giving a shit how they're remembered after they die.

And yeah, I know the counters to this argument. 'GRRM isn't your bitch.' - Never said he was, his fans want him to finish what he started.

He's been playing his fanbase for bitches for years.

1st book was released in 1996.
2nd book was released in 1998.
3rd book was released in 2000.

Then, he started to get lazy.

4th book was released in 2005.

And lazier...

5th book was released in 2011.

And... eight years later, he keeps saying "Winds of Winter will be released when its finished." Which is actually a respectful response to the same question he's asked a dozen times every day by idiots. That has got to be pretty aggravating.

But, after 8 years, it would be respectful to his fanbase if he'd give some kind of progress update. To at least assure fans its still being worked on, because 'It'll be released when its finished' could be a cute way to say "Im never finishing it. Thank you for your investment of time and passion into my series. But now that I'm a very wealthy man, I have no motivation to finish the series, because fuck you."

GRRM could have been the author of the absolute best fantasy series of all time, but with it eventually being incompleted due to both laziness and success of the author, it'll just be forgotten after GRRM passes away.

Some creators are driven to success to establish a legacy to be long remembered after their time ends on this planet.

Other creators are driven to success by money, having fun with it, and not giving a shit how they're remembered after they die.

And yeah, I know the counters to this argument. 'GRRM isn't your bitch.' - Never said he was, his fans want him to finish what he started.

is it laziness you think or just boredom with the series? i keep seeing him write these other books, and he was on a podcast the other day talking about some new series hes starting.....wtf. its his career and life, but i just cant understand why he wouldnt be trying to churn this series out rather than getting involved in these other things. hes the manny pacquiao of authoring.

Is it worth it reading the books now having seen the entire series? I loved the first four seasons and I would like to give the books a shot, but I've heard mixed opinions on books four and five.
Books are infinitely Better
Success ruined GoT

I cant start it knowing that it doesn't end.

Thats way too much if a time commitment for a cliffhanger.

If its ever finished then I'm in for sure.

Back