Are strikers over 1,90 not as powerful as smaller ones?

Chungungo

Getting some snow
@Green
Reaction score
I was having this discussion with my Muay Thai coach and partners after class, maybe is tall people hate haha or no but as my coach has traveled around the globe and said the guys with the most kicking and punching power he has known were thais, brazilians but most super tall lanky european were not as powerful I thought there might be some scientific fact behind this ...

I am 1,80 so I am happy with my size and is not envy , just got it in my mind...:p

Are you asking if strikers under 190cm (6'3") are more powerful?

Smaller fighters aren't more piwerful, but shorter fighters are (given similar weight)

Wlad, Wilder, Lewis, Foreman,etc,etc,etc. Really any large sized HW is going to hit very hard. All the weight and leverage behind their punch.
A lot of the K1 guys were taller and had plenty of KO's.
This is a very odd question. Do you even watch the fights?

The closer to average size the bigger is the talent pool and the more talented/athletic people you will find that's why HW in no combat sport is the deepest division.
Also I think the highest strength/weight ratio is around 70kgs so on average people around that weight are more pwerful.
But bigger people again on average of course hit clearly harder and there athletic and talented big people like a Wladimir klitschko just fewer than there are average sized fighters

Taller people are generally heavier so there's more potential for power. If weight was the same the shorter fighter would probably hit harder. This is assuming they have the same skill level.

Taller people are generally heavier so there's more potential for power. If weight was the same the shorter fighter would probably hit harder. This is assuming they have the same skill level.

Doesn't have to be pucnhing power is also leverage. But what exactly makes a hard puncher is tough to say. There are super skin yand tlal ones like Thomas hearns and short powerful ones like Marvin Hagler or at HW short stocky ones like Tua and Tyson or tall big ones like Wladimir Klitschko and Foreman.
Punching power is pretty complex and I don't think anyone today has found the blueprint.
There are also 2 types of punchers those with heavy thudding blwos like Foreman and Golovkin and sharp explosive ones like Tyson and Pacquiao.
Weight is obviously a huge factor, strength is a factor in for punchers with heavy but not as explosive punchers like Foreman probably even more, speed/explsoiveness is a factor, leverage is a factor and part of leverage are correct punching mechanics and technique, how you connect (not slapping the punches like bradley often does) and also how many % you are willing to put into the punch possibly at the cost of energy, accuracy and defense

I'm not entirely sure but I'd bet money on it that Roman Gonzalez hits just as hard as Deontay Wilder.

Wlad, Wilder, Lewis, Foreman,etc,etc,etc. Really any large sized HW is going to hit very hard. All the weight and leverage behind their punch.
A lot of the K1 guys were taller and had plenty of KO's.
This is a very odd question. Do you even watch the fights?

I do , it was just an existencial question and we are talking in proportions ...

The closer to average size the bigger is the talent pool and the more talented/athletic people you will find that's why HW in no combat sport is the deepest division.
Also I think the highest strength/weight ratio is around 70kgs so on average people around that weight are more pwerful.
But bigger people again on average of course hit clearly harder and there athletic and talented big people like a Wladimir klitschko just fewer than there are average sized fighters

That

Speed x mass = force

Technique being equal... It is easier for the muscles of shorter limbs but equal weight to deliver power quickly.

I'd be more worried about the fighters over 9000.

Your coach should let Peter Aerts(even at 50 or however old he is) kick him in the face repeatedly...and then reevaluate that statement.

Your coach should let Peter Aerts(even at 50 or however old he is) kick him in the face repeatedly...and then reevaluate that statement.

Peter is kinda clumsy with kicks so he might miss my coach

Back