Are stereotypes about your country true?

As an American I’ve heard it said we are loud, I guess I never noticed until I visited England. We were on a bus and talking like normal while the rest of the bus was quiet and giving us disapproving looks. I realized that we are indeed loud, we also have little awareness of personal space or boundaries for some reason. We like to talk...a lot<45>

Aren't Koreans like the tallest people in Asia?
I don't know the statistics but I wouldn't be surprised. I felt like more of a manlet here than other asian countries I've been to. Japanese guys were on average seemed taller than me as well but not by a huge margin. In South East asia a lot of people seemed around my height. I imagine there must be a segment of Chinese people who are huge though.

Please don't stereotype my country based on Clippy! We're not all like that

Not everyone in the US is fat, yes, there are a lot of fat asses, but we have a lot of fit people too. In fact, there are extremes here. A lot of people are obese or fit as fuck, not a lot of in between. After all, we have some of the greatest athletes in the world.

We have a lot of dangerous cities, but most of the issues are concentrated to a couple or three neighborhoods in each city.... there isn't someone with a gun waiting to jump out at you every corner you turn anywhere you go. And mass shootings still make up a very small percentage of shootings in the US. Not that anyone getting shot is a good thing.

Man I’m on board.
I live in 2 places in the us. Florida and nyc.

I visit henderson Nevada and kc... grew up in the show me state.
As murican as can be.
That said, the AMA sounds at of 70% overweight ratio ;being fat asses) is true.

Man I’m on board.
I live in 2 places in the us. Florida and nyc.

I visit lv and kc... greenup in the show me state.
I love kc. Where I grew up.
I’m
As murican as can be.
Florida.., and once I hit the Midwest, fat as shit cousin. Not all, but god damn that 70% overweight ratio ain’t a lie.
That's true and I didn't even think of it that way either. Obesity in the US can very region specific. There are a lot more fat people in the Midwest and South than other parts of the country. You don't see lot of fat people in Southern California.

People always say Canadians are nice. I wouldn't necessarily say that's true. We're polite. Big difference.

giphy.gif

Pretty accurate.

LMAO

BTW.. any stereotypes from Argeninians??? Bring it on.. I know a lot of people hate us (specially south americans)

yes, that they think they are white, when many of them look like diego maradona lol.

German here

We are:

Very punctual
Very curt when frustrated
Eat a lot of sausages
Very direct in the biz world
Tall
Drink a shit ton of beer
Extremely creative
Hard working
We love rules!
We like house shoes

We are not:

Rude
All Nazis
Proud of Merkle

very good breakdown. i've noticed that with most germans i've met. quick story:

i was in munich visiting a friend. we were going to take the metro, and go about three stops away. i didn't realize that i didn't buy a pass. i felt bad about it, but figured it was only three stops. no big deal. well not for my friend lol. she literally grabbed my hand, and walked me out of the train, so i could buy a pass haha. it took more time to do all this, than it would have taken to simply ride out the initial ride.

anyway, i do appreciate that type of honesty. it is contagious, and goes a long way in general for society.

yes, vast majority of my fellow americans believe in the sky god, masturbate while thinking of their firearms, while ingesting a bag of doritos and a gallon of diet coke into their obese bodies.

yes, that they think they are white, when many of them look like diego maradona lol.
We have 2 colors.. white and black. No such things as muricans that separate between asians, caucastics, black, latino, etc... wtf is that?

Maradona is white as far as I know.

Also "negro" is not a racist word here. You always call the darkest guy in the group "negro" and is all cool.

We Brits certainly like a drink or two. I spent a New Years Eve in New York a while back, and the group of locals I fell in with were a bit taken aback by what, while by no means a quiet night, wasn’t a Herculean drinking session.

I can also confirm from that same trip that the stereotype about American girls being easily impressed with guys with English accents has a ring of truth about it...

We have 2 colors.. white and black. No such things as muricans that separate between asians, caucastics, black, latino, etc... wtf is that?

Maradona is white as far as I know.

Also "negro" is not a racist word here. You always call the darkest guy in the group "negro" and is all cool.

this is what argentina considers white:

Diego_Maradona_2012_2.jpg

when the VAST majority of people normally consider this as a white person:

davidbeckham.jpg

see the difference? my only point, is to say that, "white" is a very vague term. and just because argentina has decided to consider someone who looks like maradona to be white, does not mean that that definition you have placed on the word, coincides with the world's idea of what a white person is.

this is what argentina considers white:

Diego_Maradona_2012_2.jpg

when the VAST majority of people normally consider this as a white person:

davidbeckham.jpg

see the difference? my only point, is to say that, "white" is a very vague term. and just because argentina has decided to consider someone who looks like maradona to be white, does not mean that that definition you have placed on the word, coincides with the world's idea of what a white person is.
If Maradona is not white.. then what the fuck is he?

The stereotypes of Sweden used to be true: A bunch of blonde and blue eyed people who didn't speak much and avoided conflict if possible. I mean, that is still true about the Swedes in Sweden, but now we also have a lot of much darker (and much less intelligent) people who use AK47s and hand grenades when they have been offended.
Sounds like the timeline of Detroit

If Maradona is not white.. then what the fuck is he?

well i think he is simply mediterranean, mixed with probably some native indian blood. surely, someone who looks like that does not have 100% european blood. what you want to call someone who looks like that, is up for debate.

Yes, the vast majority of Americans are fat and stupid, and shop at Walmart.

I'm not sure what the stereotypes for Mexico and Mexicans are, but I'll share a few:

Cartels/Cartel violence - There are plenty of cartels and technically a lot of cartel related violence. But I live in Tijuana, one of the cities with the highest rate of drug violence and drug trafficking in the country and I've never been in, seen or heard a shootout or anything related to that. It does happen but it's usually cartel on cartel violence and it usually takes place in bad neighborhoods or in the outskirts of the city so you're not really exposed to it unless you're looking for trouble or walk in the wrong part of town.

Mexicans are lazy - On the contrary, we're super hard workers and we laugh at your 9-5 jobs cause everyone here works their asses off for 12 hours a day without being paid overtime. We get shit done.

Mexico is a shithole - While it is a third world country and there are cities with outdated infrastructure and shitty houses, it is certainly not a shithole. There are tons of beautiful places, beaches, forests, sierras, cities, little towns, etc. Plenty of beautiful sights and fun stuff to do.

Mexicans like to fight - Yes we do.

Mexicans like to party - Who doesn't? But yes, our parties are usually funner and we party a little harder than many people from other pars of the world.

This is a white Argentinian - Liz Solari.
actress-liz-solari-attends-ex-amici-come-prima-photocall-at-terrazza-picture-id127914901

Argentina like Brazil has a weird scale as to what is considered white.

Lmao when you deal with countries like Portugal, Spain, Italy, Romania, Czech Republic and countries out of the big 7 euro countries. Sure, there’s bout 35 countries we are talking about.

Oi cunt, book your ticket here so I can punch you in your dick.

Back