Are Stephen Thompson and Rory McDonald teammates?

MustangSally

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I know Thompson trained with GSP, so I'm guessing he has trained with Rory as well, although I can't find any information about it. If that's the case they might not want to fight. Otherwise, this would be the obvious fight for matchmakers to make.... could be sold as the "the battle of the nice guys"

I think Wonderboy should get the title shot but I wouldn't complain about watching this fight.

They are not team mates but Rory and Taric are right now

I dont believe so. To my understanding thompson has been training with weidman.

I know Thompson trained with GSP, so I'm guessing he has trained with Rory as well, although I can't find any information about it. If that's the case they might not want to fight. Otherwise, this would be the obvious fight for matchmakers to make.... could be sold as the "the battle of the nice guys"
Yeah they totally are at least when Thompson as training at Tristar.

When Rory was on Rogan's podcast he spoke that he had trained with Thompson.

Firas knows Wonderboy really well and has trained with him a lot.

I don't think it'll stop rory and wonderboy from fighting each other.

A bit more looseness in Rorys striking would do him the world of good, training with Tarec or Thompson is good for him

When Rory was on Rogan's podcast he spoke that he had trained with Thompson.
What did he say about it? I asked one of my friends in Mtl to ask Firaz but I don't know the next time he'll get any time with him. Any news??

Wonderboy has been training with Weidman at Serra-Longo, or at least was for this fight.

they would definitely fight. GSP took a young Rory under his wing and that's why they refused to fight each other. I doubt he has anywhere near the same connection with Wonderboy

People need to understand that basically all of the Tristar team have trained at some point with Serra-Longo -- Both teams have good relationships with John Danaher, Renzo Gracie, Phil Nurse etc.

As such, when opportunities arise, they will train together. But its not a regular thing

What did he say about it? I asked one of my friends in Mtl to ask Firaz but I don't know the next time he'll get any time with him. Any news??

I have no news for you. Its been a while since I watched the episode but I think Rogan asked Rory about 'blitzing' and if they trained it, what drills etc. Rory complimented Wonderboy on his 'blitz'.

Back