are sprints considered to be..

Can someone give me an exact definition of an plyometric drill? Both sprints and olympic lyfts and a heck of a lot else can make you more explosive, is al that plyometric training? I have had a more limited definition of that word...

Plyometrics are typically explosive movements without an eccentric phase.

i think the word for the o-lifts is ballistic...i dont know what sprints are but they definitely make you more explosive

I wouldn't say that a Plyometric drill doesn't have an eccentric phase. I think the goal is to minimize the eccentric phase. If I'm doing a set of tuck jumps the shorter the eccentric the more explosive the movement.

Not really. It would be considered plyometrics if someone was holding a rope tied around your waist and you were running full speed going about 2 miles an hour though. lol

Brand Nizzle said:
Not really. It would be considered plyometrics if someone was holding a rope tied around your waist and you were running full speed going about 2 miles an hour though. lol

how would that make it plyometric....all thats doing is adding resistance

it technically would not be considered plyometric i dont think but sprinting does help you become more explosive

Urban said:
Plyometrics are typically explosive movements without an eccentric phase.

Really? I thought Plyometrics had to have an eccentric phase.

all movement has to have an eccentric phase , otherwise there is no more concentric phase.

Back