Are some people irredeemable?

There is no reason to think that hitler and stalin and etc did or would have faith in Jesus. Their actions have shown as much. It is not just saying "oh, I believe in jesus"
That is not faith.

Matthew 7:16-20
"You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they? "So every good tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit. "A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, nor can a bad tree produce good fruit.
"Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. "So then, you will know them by their fruits.

Oh I understand, but also you must consider this too while your at it; The Thief on the Cross

Luke 23 : 39-43 "One of the criminals who were hanged there was hurling abuse at Him, saying, “Are You not the Christ? Save Yourself and us!” But the other answered, and rebuking him said, “Do you not even fear God, since you are under the same sentence of condemnation? And we indeed are suffering justly, for we are receiving what we deserve for our deeds; but this man has done nothing wrong.” And he was saying, “Jesus, remember me when You come in Your kingdom!” And He said to him, “Truly I say to you, today you shall be with Me in Paradise.”

What we learn from the saved thief on the cross is that we are all sinners in need of a Savior, and no matter the number of our sins and no matter if we, or the world, think our sins are minor or extreme, it is never too late to repent and accept the free gift of salvation

The fact is no one, except Christ know's who will come or not. I prefer not to assume where another man goes or not.

In Chicago, the police on the news were talking about clamping down on a hundred people, who commit 90% of all the shootings in the city.

If you have a source, I'd like to see who says what. I find that kind of hard to believe.

More generally -
Yeah, prison doesn't do a good job of rehabilitation
Yeah, some people absolutely need to be put away for life or fried, because they're never going to change.

I would say many are irredeemable, but more to the point, I believe rapists and killers should never even get the chance to try.

I wouldn't include all such instances automatically, but this is an important point.

In some cases, yes, the criminal might go straight when they get out - but is the probability and benefit to society of them doing so more than the probability and detriment to society if they keep behaving the same?
Very often not.

That's the problem with having a War on Drugs. Federal prison is filled with 46% drug offences. It fills up the prisons with people that don't need to be in there, and that takes away space for the pieces of shit who really need to be there. It's insanity. We have guys locked up for life for selling drugs, and I know people have spent less than 5 years in jail for shooting at people.

What we learn from the saved thief on the cross is that we are all sinners in need of a Savior, and no matter the number of our sins and no matter if we, or the world, think our sins are minor or extreme, it is never too late to repent and accept the free gift of salvation

As a (Christian) universalist, I agree. Most arminians think it's too late upon biological death. Some think the offer extends beyond the grave, but eventually expires. I don't think it ever expires.

Forcible rape should carry a 20 year minimum. Beyond that, no, society will not benefit by arbitrarily deciding that people should be imprisoned for life for having committed crimes that do not already carry that punishment.

Yes. Some people are irredeemable and that's why I support the death penalty.

I'd say so.
Example, the people that look at what groups like ISIS do, and decide, "That's for me! That's what I want be a part of!"
They can all die immediately, never return to society, don't care which.

A really amazing doc (as VICE always does) that followed General Butt Naked quite a bit. The man killed innocent children, drugged up child soldiers to kill for him, ate the hearts of his enemies and found Christ and turned his life around.

It's really really worth watching.

Hardly, that guy is a maniac. Undeniably funny though.

That's the problem with atrocities in Africa, it's no doubt tragic but when they run around screaming naked or in wedding dresses, high as fuck and waving AKs ... The first reaction is to laugh and forget about the horrible shit they're doing.

As a (Christian) universalist, I agree. Most arminians think it's too late upon biological death. Some think the offer extends beyond the grave, but eventually expires. I don't think it ever expires.

That's quite the liberal theology you've got there.

I might as well be Christian again now that I know I can still live it up during my fleshly tenure!!!

That's quite the liberal theology you've got there.

I might as well be Christian again now that I know I can still live it up during my fleshly tenure!!!

I'm far from liberal. I'm probably the most anti-LGBT person in the War Room.

In Chicago, the police on the news were talking about clamping down on a hundred people, who commit 90% of all the shootings in the city.
Well, at least they are talking about it... Imagine this happening in China. You can't right? The fuckers would have been executed after the first crime they commited. We in the Western world are too weak and feel pity for the criminals. This will be our undoing if we don't start pushing back. Hard.

I said liberal theology.

Not politics. ;)

Liberal theology (while not some monolithic belief system with doctrines) would tend to include notions like "the Bible's writers were homophobic. When they condemned homosexuality, they weren't reflecting God's perspective, just the ancient near east perspective in which they lived."

are they only committing misdemeanors, because I thought there was a 3 strikes and you're out law in most states? I know a guy in NJ that's serving time for printing counterfeit bills (a non violent crime), and got 20 years because he's had several prior offenses.

three strikes has to do with violent felonies. you can have 50 non violent felonies and be out on the street depending on what the judge sentences you.

you could even have a felony and only get probation.

I'd say so.
Example, the people that look at what groups like ISIS do, and decide, "That's for me! That's what I want be a part of!"
They can all die immediately, never return to society, don't care which.

By that logic most of Germany, Japan, and a lot of other countries should had been genocided.

There are regular brainwashed people sociopaths and psychopaths.

Only psychopaths are irredemable and psychopaths are usually so good at manipulating people that they almost never land in prison (unless they become serial killers) for long.

By that logic most of Germany, Japan, and a lot of other countries should had been genocided.

There are regular brainwashed people sociopaths and psychopaths.

Only psychopaths are irredemable and psychopaths are usually so good at manipulating people that they almost never land in prison (unless they become serial killers) for long.
I don't care what you call it to excuse them.
These fucks watch other people slaughter innocent and helpless prisoners, and that's what they want to join.
Fuck em.

I don't care what you call it to excuse them.
These fucks watch other people slaughter innocent and helpless prisoners, and that's what they want to join.
Fuck em.

They dont see them as helpless prisoners, they see them as evil people, with enough brainwashing and cognitive dissonace you can get your average joe to commit the most henious acts.

Back