Are Quick KOs being discredited now as Legit Wins?

When you know for a fact that the better fighter was the one that lost.......it's dodgy.

Cain beats JDS 9/10 times.....just like GSP beats Serra 9/10 times........sometimes the opponent finds that 1/10.

^
Eh I think JDS-Cain is a lot closer to 6/10 for Cain or a 50/50.

You don't know what a flash KO is. A flash KO is when someone goes unconscious from a shot that wasn't particularly hard but didn't see coming before proceeding to quickly recover and usually continue fighting.

Hendricks hit Fitch like a truck and Fitch obviously did not recover in time to continue fighting.
Really? I was always under the impression Flash KOs were unexpected KOs that came from nowhere..

Where did you get your definition? If you backup that up, I'd be happy to reconsider what I think it is.

no but if the guys eyes are closed and he throws a haymaker then yes

To me this fight was actually much closer to a "quick KO" than it was an extended domination like Fedor/Nog 1.

The match was really won by Cain in that first round, JDS may have lasted 25 mins but its clear the following 20 mins were not anything close to the JDS we'd seen previously.

Now that could be a weakness in technique/cardio that is exposed again but the idea that Cain bested him technically thoughout the match is IMHO incorrect.

Knocking someone out with something that takes alot to pull off >>>> Dominat decision

Knocking someone out with something sloppy and wild that just so happens to land <<<< Dominat decision

QUOTE=That209;I don't discredit it, but a lot of people feel a 25 minute beatdown or just complete dominance is more impressive is all.
Then why do people say Anderson Silva is a better P4P fighter than GSP? I don't hear most of these people speak up in defense of GSP in the endless complaints about how he doesn't finish.:rolleyes: The inconsistency on here is ridiculous.

No, many people just bitch about him never finishing. Yet he completely dominates his fights.

I am a big GSP fan btw. But honestly, I think Silva has do be considered the better fighter because of his finishes.

Fighters who rely on their one punch KO ability are generally inferior overall athletes. Theres no such thing as a lucky punch though, if its aimed in the general direction at the face of another man then it was meant to hit the face, nothing lucky about that.

Only thing I'd feel were flukey is wierd shit like when people KO themselves during a takedown and stuff.

It means more, because it means that JDS found a hole in Cains defense large enough to put him out. The only holes Cain found in JDS's armor allowed him to score points.

JDS's win was more impressive and answered more questions.

I don't even fucking like JDS, I think he's been overhyped for awhile and that Allistar will decimate either him or cain, but discrediting his win as "not meaning as much" is fucking asinine.
I have a hard time believing that even you believe that. I think you're just saying it to be argumentitive.

Otherwise, I'd probably PAY you, if you could actually change my mind on this (and I'm very open minded).

How can a couple of body punches that set up one big punch, that ended a fight in 64 seconds answer more questions than the perfect execution of a strategy where the winner outstruck, outgrappled, outcardio'd, and out gameplanned his opponent.

The FIRST ROUND alone of the 2nd fight answered more questions than the 1st fight

because
-we didn't find out if JDS could really defend a good takedown attempt from Cain in the 1st
-we didn't find out if JDS could handle Cain's pace
-we didn't find out if JDS would show any ground game if taken down
-we didn't find out how the fight would go if it went into the later rounds and both guys were tired

So how can you possibly say the 1st fight answered more question without trolling?

JDS v. Cain will always be about who executes their gameplan before the other can. In the first fight Cain did not push the pace off the bat and therefore suffered a KO loss because he essentially was just striking with JDS after 1 failed takedown.

In the second fight Cain immediately implemented his gameplan which fucked up JDS because as he said he had no gameplan and was basically letting Cain dictate how the fight will go.

The third fight which hopefully happens will be the same thing. Either JDS stops the takedowns and gets a KO or Cain pushes the pace and wins in similar fashion (although maybe not as brutally, idk if Cain will catch him with his hands so low like that... or at least I hope JDS will change some thigs up)

It's mostly a push from Anderson haters trying to discreetly discredit his wins in favour of GSP's dominant decisions.

Like most posting trends on here, it shouldn't be taken seriously.

Basically the title..

I mean it seems ever since Cain mauled JDS Saturday there seems to be a influx of users saying that quick KOs don't mean anything. For instance another user says that the Silvas front kick KO of Belfort was flukey and therefore they should rematch to truly determine the superior fighter..

What are your thoughts? Are KOs like that legitimate?

Could go either way.. depends on what happened before the kayo or beating.

Yeah by Cain fans that are still butthurt about his KO loss.

Seems like you're butthurt yourself man.. :(
I'm sure those Cain fans are happy with what went down Saturday.

this is so fucking stupid... why the hell are people analyzing this shit so closely, JDS'S TOESNAILS WERE LONGER THAN USUAL AND IT AFFECTED HIS SPEED. Cain wore his lucky thong which is why he won the second fight. wtf dudes.

HAHAHA completely agree!

Quick KO's and submissions are the most dominant, impressive and undisputable way to win a fight.

Anyone that tries to discredit a KO win for any reason, is a fucking idiot. This is not a sport of what ifs. WELL IF HE DIDNT PUNCH ME UNCONSCIOUS I WOULDVE WON!!!

Bullshit, you didn't win. The end.

It's all a matter of opinion, quit acting like your opinion is above all else's. I would rather get kayo'd quickly then have to go through a 25 minute beatdown and before you start crying about what I said, it is MY opinion. Just like you have yours.

It means more, because it means that JDS found a hole in Cains defense large enough to put him out. The only holes Cain found in JDS's armor allowed him to score points.

JDS's win was more impressive and answered more questions.

I don't even fucking like JDS, I think he's been overhyped for awhile and that Allistar will decimate either him or cain, but discrediting his win as "not meaning as much" is fucking asinine.

Read what I said up there ^^^ and nope. Alistair will lose ;) to either Cain or Jds.

Basically the title..

I mean it seems ever since Cain mauled JDS Saturday there seems to be a influx of users saying that quick KOs don't mean anything. For instance another user says that the Silvas front kick KO of Belfort was flukey and therefore they should rematch to truly determine the superior fighter..

What are your thoughts? Are KOs like that legitimate?

People seem to forget that before the silva Ko on belfort, Silva was outclassing him on the feet and pretty much everywhere else. if it.had gone the distance silva had have gotten a dominant decision anyway

It's mostly a push from Anderson haters trying to discreetly discredit his wins in favour of GSP's dominant decisions.

Like most posting trends on here, it shouldn't be taken seriously.

Gsp fans trying to hard defending his decision wins

^
Eh I think JDS-Cain is a lot closer to 6/10 for Cain or a 50/50.

Really? I was always under the impression Flash KOs were unexpected KOs that came from nowhere..

Where did you get your definition? If you backup that up, I'd be happy to reconsider what I think it is.

all the gyms ive been to consider this a flash ko - when you get tagged with a shot and your lights go out for a split second, usually your still standing, then you come back to and continue fighting...it literally is as fast as you can snap your fingers
...bink and your back to

all the gyms ive been to consider this a flash ko - when you get tagged with a shot and your lights go out for a split second, usually your still standing, then you come back to and continue fighting...it literally is as fast as you can snap your fingers
...bink and your back to

That's what I've been trying to tell this fucking guy.

People seem to forget that before the silva Ko on belfort, Silva was outclassing him on the feet and pretty much everywhere else. if it.had gone the distance silva had have gotten a dominant decision anyway

not sure if you remember that fight correctly...there was literally no action, not a single punch for like two minutes then vitor was the aggressor, and almost caught andy with a nasty left, then they got tangled up and vitor got an odd take-down ducking a kick or something and almost landed another nasty shot that was an inch from andys chin( which andy dodged) while they were on the ground...then they stood back up, circled each other for a bit and andy landed the front kick....which vitor thought was going to his chest , but it got his chin....not really sure how you say andy was dominating and outclassing him?? the went like almost four minutes and all they did was circle each other for the first two..id love to see that fight again and i hope it goes five amazing rounds

Back