Are people sleeping on Dustin?

he been KTFOed multiple times and out wrestled multiple times in his career.

hes a guy that melts when the going get tough.

There's a difference between being separated from your consciousness and "melting".
Porier is not a fighter who gives up... Or "melts".. but he has been clipped by a few southpaws in his day.... Outwrestled? By who? Castillo 10 years ago? he's lost 5 fights. Conor, MJ, Cub. Castillo and the Zombie. The Zombie put on a show and out grappled him but Porier has arguably been one of the most improved fighters in the UFC since that time.

Khabib becomes a lot less effective as the rounds go on when it comes to the takedowns. He can strike more freely early on because he is fresh and has lots of energy to shoot and wrestle, but after 2/2.5 rounds of wrestling his shots get stuff more easily and he chooses to stand as it's less energy consuming.

If it gets to round 3 and Khabib is low energy and getting more tired he will want to stand and he will shoot a lot less. If it gets to that point and Dustin is still sharp standing and has the energy to stuff any shots that do come he could take over.

I have no doubt in that situation Dustin has the far better stand up and will be very dangerous. Khabib's jab alone wont be enough, Al was laughing at it.

I favour Khabib, he has a much clearer and more achievable path to victory but I can see a road for Dustin
false.

his shots in open space get easier to stuff cause of sweat. he can still get takedowns with ease if he can push you against the cage. Conor round 4, Iaquinta round 5 etc.

the fact that iaquinta stuffed tds in round 3-4 isnt due to khabib getting slower. he simply was content with the stand up and didnt try too hard to get takedowns. in round 5 he took al down with EASE.

same with conor, stuffed takedowns in round 3 cause khabib was having success on the feet then in round 4 he pushes him against the cage, high crotch, trips good night.

Conor knocked dustin out STIFF. MJ knocked dustin out STIFF. Khabib was lighting both guys on the feet after 2 rounds of wrestling. so im laughing my ass off at you saying Al was laughing at jobs.

MJ and conor were laughing at dustins stiff corpse. both dudes finished by khabib.

khabib has outstruck superior strikers to dustin after 2 rounds of wrestling.

Poirier is no stranger to sleeping...

456232676.jpg

giphy.gif

He is tough for sure, but not the man to defeat Khabib.

He needs to hurry up and lose so Khabib and Tony can be scheduled.

Back