Are people sleeping on Dustin?

Rockman14

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
If you go through his fights he has never been dominated, its always been finishes, I admit I cant remember the cub fight but I remember he was on fire during that time.

Dustin has a very complete game and imo has a decent shot at khabib, he reminds me of a rory in that he does everything very well, just doesn't put it together sometimes..

If you go through his fights he has never been dominated, its always been finishes, I admit I cant remember the cub fight but I remember he was on fire during that time.

Dustin has a very complete game and imo has a decent shot at khabib, he reminds me of a rory in that he does everything very well, just doesn't put it together sometimes..
he been KTFOed multiple times and out wrestled multiple times in his career.

hes a guy that melts when the going get tough.

Agreed. He really melted vs justin and eddie.

The best offensive wrestler he's faced in his career is Danny Castillo, who beat him soundly.

The next best offensive wrestler he's faced in his career is 2X Olympic Gold medallist Eddie Alvarez, who he's basically 1-1 against.

This will be the easiest fight of Khabib's life.

when has he even slightly done that recently? ridiculous thing to say

Agreed. He really melted vs justin and eddie.
theyre two past their prime punching bags brawlers. eddie is being melted in Asia and gaethje is 3-2 in the UFC. eddie has a similarly bad record in the ufc with multiple losses and razor sharp SPLIT decisions.

both fighters are entertaining but are not the best or close to being the best. maybe in other organizations just not the ufc.

also big time melt show vs Holloway. The guy has shown tremendous heart, its insane people sleep on him.
a freaking FW moving up in weight for the first time EVER then going back to FW immediately after. yeah no thank you!

Korean Zombie dominated him even beat him up quite well. One of my favorite fights

The best offensive wrestler he's faced in his career is Danny Castillo, who beat him soundly.

The next best offensive wrestler he's faced in his career is 2X Olympic Gold medallist Eddie Alvarez, who he's basically 1-1 against.

This will be the easiest fight of Khabib's life.

People were saying the exact same thing about Holloway before he fought Frankie.

But yeah, Dustin either finds a way of surviving the early rounds and making Khabib stand later when he's tired, or he loses.

No. On the contrary his confident attitude with the decision win over a smaller Max who fought like a retard somehow convinced some people that he can pull it off. In reality he will get beaten handily after getting taken down.

Still not convinced Poirier has what it takes to make it truly competitive:

his recent wins:

Gaethje - fought like Homer Simpson
Eddie - was already washed by the time Dustin got to him
Max - beat up a FW for the interim LW belt

People were saying the exact same thing about Holloway before he fought Frankie.

But yeah, Dustin either finds a way of surviving the early rounds and making Khabib stand later when he's tired, or he loses.
That was the easiest fight of Max's career lol

Frankie had nothing for him, and Max took zero damage whilst tuning him up.

That was the easiest fight of Max's career lol

Frankie had nothing for him, and Max took zero damage whilst tuning him up.

Yeah but before the fight a lot of people where saying 'Max has never faced a wrestler like Frankie, the last time he fought a high level wrestler he lost', basically saying because he haven't seen his take down defence tested lately he doesn't have it..

Khabib is another level all together compared to Frankie so it's not exactly the same, I'm just saying people saying that Dustin hasn't faced any high level wrestlers lately and last time he did he lost are ignoring the huge leaps in skill and experience hes made

dustin surviving early rounds will mean he will get out struck on the feet like everyone else before him.

you think if you dont get finished you won? LOL. he will be compromised and just standing there like a zombie eating jabs while khabib toys with him.

I'm betting the house that khabib mops the floor with him like he did to barboza.

Dustin is primarily a striker and he's not really a one shot ko type of striker, so even if he catches khabib, khabib will just bum rush him get a hold of him and recover.

After that it's the same story that we've seen repeat itself over and over again, take down, vicious ground and pound , Dustin tries to get up and gets dragged back down again. Rinse and repeat for 25 mins or porier gets finished before then.

Nobody is sleeping on him.
However people STILL sleep on Khabib, think he's beatable, etc.
Khabib at this point has become IMHO #1 P4P and very dangerous.
And Dustin Poirier is tough as fuck but nowhere near elite level.
I have serious doubt that he can beat Khabib.

dustin surviving early rounds will mean he will get out struck on the feet like everyone else before him.

you think if you dont get finished you won? LOL. he will be compromised and just standing there like a zombie eating jabs while khabib toys with him.

Khabib becomes a lot less effective as the rounds go on when it comes to the takedowns. He can strike more freely early on because he is fresh and has lots of energy to shoot and wrestle, but after 2/2.5 rounds of wrestling his shots get stuff more easily and he chooses to stand as it's less energy consuming.

If it gets to round 3 and Khabib is low energy and getting more tired he will want to stand and he will shoot a lot less. If it gets to that point and Dustin is still sharp standing and has the energy to stuff any shots that do come he could take over.

I have no doubt in that situation Dustin has the far better stand up and will be very dangerous. Khabib's jab alone wont be enough, Al was laughing at it.

I favour Khabib, he has a much clearer and more achievable path to victory but I can see a road for Dustin

Back