Are Nick and Nate has-beens or still relevent?

well if they aint fighting this year they are done.... has beens

the fact that threads are made about them show they're relevant

I think they are still relevant but they don't seem to get that wasting away in your fighting prime does not equate to more money.

I don't know why, most of mainstream fans love Diaz brothers. So I say relevant.

Has-beens as far as I'm concerned.

Im down to see them both. Bring it hard, actual fighters. Not going to smother someone for 3 rounds.

Sherdog is the wrong place to ask this.

Sherdoggers are overly upset at the Diaz bros as if they gang banged their mothers and stole their girlfriend.
Mostly because Sherdog loves Condit and they treat fighting like twilight, a soap opera, or some shit and are on #TEAMCONDIT!!!! as if they can be fans of fighters who fought each other when in reality Condit and Diaz are very similar fighters. Both are strikers, different kind of strikers, but strikers nonetheless with great guards and need improve in their wrestling abilities.

They also claim to be fighting fans who care more about what happens outside the cage instead of what happens inside the cage, like I said before, as if this was a soap opera. They bundle their hate of them together, even if one has done nothing and the other has, they will find a way to bash them both.

Or maybe it's because these guys think they are worth more than they're being paid and decided they are not going to risk their health unless they get paid more.
It cracks me up how sherdoggers act as if the Diaz brothers are not obliging their contracts and say stuff like "WELL YOU SIGNED DA CONTRACT BRAH, I MAKE 30K A YEAR DEAL WIF IT"

In reality the Diaz brothers are doing nothing wrong and are obliging their contacts. Nowhere in a contract does a contract FORCE you to fight. A contract simply gives UFC the rights to the Diazs brothers next X amount of fights, and a date in which the contract expires. The contract expires when the fighters fight the amount of fights on the contract or when that date arrives, whichever comes first.

If a fighter feels his health is worth more to them than what they signed to fight for, they have EVERY right to sit out in order to negotiation a new contract. If the UFC doesn't want to pay them then they can sit out until that date arrives.
It cracks me up how sherdoggers get so upset when fighters try to hardball the UFC into giving them better contracts and then say "WELL YOU SIGNED DA CONTRACT."

How can a fighter sign a contract he is satisfied with, without negotiation, so you knuckleheads can say "WELL HE SIGNED THE CONTRACT." Do you expect fighters just to wilt at whatever the UFC wants to pay them, and then at the same time criticize them for signing that contract. It makes no sense.

By sherdogs logic if a fighter retires with fights left on his contract, "HE IS NOT OBLIGING HIS CONTRACT."

Fighters aren't slaves and can't be forced to fight.

Leave it to sherdog to say Nate is irreverent though when he just fought in November and knocked Gray out.

They are still relevant but they are sitting themselves to irrelevancy. If they dont take fights, fans will forget them. When they decide to come back, it may be to late for them

In terms of title pictures they're both irrelevant.

I would say that Nate will become relevant again when he has his next fight booking. Today, they are not really relevant. Sad too

not has beens just have big holes in their game. Still good enough to beat those who cannot exploit it

Back