Are Nick and Nate has-beens or still relevent?

How are two perennial top 10 fighters in two of the most stacked divisions not relevant?

How are two perennial top 10 fighters in two of the most stacked divisions not relevant?

Because they're too afraid to fight anyone at the top of the division because they know they'll be handled pretty handily and it wouldn't even be competitive. So they spend their time bitching and moaning and trying to talk their way into title fights.

Mma doesn't need either of them. They'll never be champs. They talk better than they fight. Good riddance.

Nick is more of a has been than Nate. Nate actually beat two top 10 fighters on his way to a title shot. I'm not sure if Nick had any except for Daley.

Because they're too afraid to fight anyone at the top of the division because they know they'll be handled pretty handily and it wouldn't even be competitive. So they spend their time bitching and moaning and trying to talk their way into title fights.

Really? How many top WWs are going to handle Nick? Even Nate isn't going to get handled by many LWs?

When you say has been I think of someone who's skills have diminished. This is not the case with Nate and Nick. But they also aren't relevant because they choose not to fight. I would call them irrelevant to MMA while they chose to take a break from the sport.

Really? How many top WWs are going to handle Nick? Even Nate isn't going to get handled by many LWs?

Then why do Nick and Nate constantly bitch and complain about fighting someone. Nick just recently refused a fight with Hector Lombard. He realizes that after fighting GSP, and Condit that there are very few people at the top of the WW division who will fall victim to his juvenile bullshit and get lured into a brawl. People at the top of the WW division are very gameplan oriented, and not simply "Just bleed" guys who will go out there and engage Nick in a brawl. And that infuriates him. He thinks MMA is a street fight, and not a sport.

Nate has 1 win in 3 fights, Nick hasn't won a fight in almost 3 years....

Both THINK they are stars, but really, they have hard core fans which the UFC doesn't care about

They are relevant, you just created a thread about them. They will stop becoming relevant when you stop talking about them. Since new threads are created about them on a daily basis, I see them staying relevant for a long time.

I don't think either can beat a top 5 guy but can hang with the rest of their divisions.
I don't care if they fight anymore. The special treatment they seek is not deserved in my opinion.

Nick is a has been.

Nate is relevant.

Nate being dropped from rankings was just silly. He's top 10.

Nick is retired, so he's as relevant as people are interested in seeing him come back.

Enough of this guy already, have watched some of Nicks fights and ye hes a good fighter entertaining.

But these guys do not care about the sport one bit. They think they are bigger than the sport. The way Rogan talks of them and I love Rogan has not helped things surely.

Relevant in popularity, sure. But neither will ever win a UFC title.

Nick is a gimmick fighter now .
Nate is just .... A disappointment .

Nick is a has-been
Nate could be relevant again with a few wins

Sigh.

Both are very relevant but I think Nick won't fight again and Nate will hold out wayy too long on Nicks advice.

I understand the haters.. but you should also wish that 2 great fighters would continue fighting if youre a real mma fan.

Back