Are Nick and Nate has-beens or still relevent?

marksmen

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Just curious what you guys thought? Seems like Nate wants out and Nick retires after every loss only to try and talk his way into title shots when he thinks he has a chance at winning. So are they has-beens or will either of them come back and make some noise? Thoughts?

Also I feel the way they act is kinda what holds them back from being bigger then they are. Like Dana said so many times... You gotta be willing to play the game just a bit. Maybe one day when they are old and don't have much to show for but old memories they might realize it then.

Just curious what you guys thought? Seems like Nate wants out and Nick retires after every loss only to try and talk his way into title shots when he thinks he has a chance at winning. So are they has-beens or will either of them come back and make some noise? Thoughts?

Also I feel the way they act is kinda what holds them back from being bigger then they are. Like Dana said so many times... You gotta be willing to play the game just a bit. Maybe one day when they are old and don't have much to show for but old memories they might realize it then.

Has beens. Too scared to fight anyone worth a damn

They washed up. I'd like to see both in Bellator.

i still think both continue to hover around that top 6-10 range. could you imagine a fight between nick and matt brown

Sincerely I don't even remember Nick exists anymore. Nate fought not so long ago.

Still draws but neither will earn another title shot in the UFC.

totally. especially nate, who has more prime left in his career and probably more potential at 155 than nick at 170. nick's already had a really long fight life since he started so young. that's a lot of miles on his body.

I'd have to go with irrelevant. They've shown that they grossly overestimate their value to the UFC by thinking that if they sit out, that people will suddenly stop watching the UFC and that they can't be replaced. Sure, a few thousand of their fans may stop watching, but new fans are constantly coming to watch MMA and the UFC all the time. They are easily replaceable because the UFC isn't built around a single fighter succeeding. It's built to be that the brand is bigger than the fighters, and they don't get that. So yea, they can sit out and pout all they want because there's dozens of fighters waiting to take their place on the active roster, and who've yet to be signed. Them sitting out frees up a roster spot for two more hungry fighters who are more than willing to put in work to be the best, instead of sitting at home pouting and talking about it.

As long as they're sitting on the shelf I can't call them relevant. And I'm a fan of their fights.

As soon as they step back into the cage they are immediately relevant imo.

I'd say so...either of them can hang with anyone in their weight class and when they fight I'm usually loooking forward to their fights the most.

With their relative lack of accomplishment in MMA, it's hard to argue if they ever were anything to even be called a hasbeen

Nate would still be relevant if he'd just take a damn fight.

With their relative lack of accomplishment in MMA, it's hard to argue if they ever were anything to even be called a hasbeen

After this... I'd have to change my answer from irrelevant to "Never was". To be a has been, you have to have been somebody important on a major scale and been successful. Considering neither has been big on a major scale, I can't call them has beens. So Never was is more apt for them.

I'll choose one of each.

Nick is a has been. Never would sniff a title shot vs top fighters. He knows this or he'd be out there fighting like he was in Strikeforce.

Nate is a never-was but is a could-be. Maybe.

As long as there are people making threads and crying about them, they will remain relevant.

Not going to be champs, but people still want to see them fight.

Back