Are Nate's BJJ credentials enough to submit McGregor?

Sure if Conor agrees to stay on the mat with him. Both Diaz brothers would have a lot more submission wins if they could wrestle worth a damn.

Nate can easily take down Conor and submit him but he won't cause hes an idiot like that. So hes gonna try to stand with Conor and probably get KOd. But seriously, Conor would look like a fish out of water on the ground with Nate.

He's a lanky fighter and so is Conor, both things that make it easier to grab a submission. The fight has to go to the ground though and I don't know if either fighter is even going to want that

Nate was chosen because they know he's not a threat to KO Conor and they're confident that Conor can avoid being taken down. Nate best chances to win is to keep Conor way on the outside using reach advantage and getting past rds 1 & 2 test his lungs and try to drag him to the mat and use that bjj I just don't think has that muscle to keep Conor grounded & frustrated.

of course; Nate's grappling is out of Conor's league. but Nate likes to box, so I think grappling won't be part of the fight.

probably yeah, but why would conor bring this to the ground? and nate doesn't have the wrestling to get it there.

honestly even if conor somehow ends up in nates guard, i feel like nate would be more content to shit talk and try slapping conor from the bottom.

If Conor is smart, he will do everything he can to stay off the ground with Diaz, cause he absolutely can submit him.

No, his credentials will not cause Conor to submit under any circumstances. His actual BJJ skills however probably can cause Conor to submit.

But seriously I do think if this hits the ground it's a very dangerous place for Conor to be with Nate. However Nate is not known for his takedowns and I doubt Conor will try to take it there. No one should sleep on Nates boxing, but I believe Conor is superior in that and all around striking. He will be faster, and better at combining his tools than Nate and I think he should TKO him.

yup...it would be interesting if the fight went to the ground...i thought alvarez vs pettis would be a stand and bang classic...we all know what happened to that...so well..you never know

The question you should be asking first is how will Nate get this fight to the ground? Because Conor sure as hell won't bring it there. This fight will take place on the feet. Only time it goes to the ground is because of a knock down.

Nate has good bjj. Conor basically never goes to the ground.

Nate doesn't have an outstanding power double or anything but he goes for trips and single legs and this is technically the smallest guy hes ever fought, he could succeed.

Nate is leagues away compared to Joe Duffy in grappling...but it needs to go to the ground first.

Credentials never sub anyone. But yeah, Nate is good enough to sub Conor if the fight goes to the ground.

The question you should be asking first is how will Nate get this fight to the ground? Because Conor sure as hell won't bring it there. This fight will take place on the feet. Only time it goes to the ground is because of a knock down.
you think there's no chance they would end in a clinch at all?
Diaz.gif

you think there's no chance they would end in a clinch at all?
Diaz.gif
I suppose it's possible. Nate has never been known for taking guys down, he's just great off his back. That gif just shows him sweeping Maynard, and being controlled immidiately after.

his takedowns leave much to be desired but his sub skills are second to few. He could do it.

Conor would wish that he attended those kids classes Nate teaches if it does hit the mat.

Please Nate, go in there and make him tap quick. No fucking around. If he wants to dance around and throw kicks, make him work up from being mounted to do it.

He needs the lesson. Dana too.

Back