Relationship Are men afraid to approach women nowadays?

Are you more hesitant to approach women in todays world?

• Total voters
There is a world of difference between a coworker telling you that he thinks you are good looking and (assumedly) another one trying to rape you whilst you are passed out.
Absolutely. Point is, a lot of men are fucking disgusting if they've got a bed for the night and a few drinks inside them.

To be fair most people are older here so its kinda normal social circle shrinks

Early to Mid thirties was about average age here
I’m talking True weirdo loners man, not guys who lost connections with friends, guys who were always destined for social awkwardness and lack of consistent real world activity

Same here

If she rejected his advances and he kept approaching her then I could totally understand homeboy intervening. There was absolutely nothing wrong with what he did that's why the commercial stopped airing and got so many bad reviews LOL

It's spawned some funny memes though!

I usually wait for at least a sign before approaching somebody in a bar or club to not be bothering women who aren’t interested and I don’t think that’s changed much over the years

I can see why people would be more cautious with some of the stuff going on in the world these days and I’m definitely more discreet about checking girls out when with a group of male friends

People here in the UK tend to wait until they are pissed on a night out for these things though, don’t our American brothers just hit on women while they are out doing their grocery shopping?

+1 on waiting for a signal(smiles at you, walks up near you while you're at the bar ordering a round, etc). Cold calling ain't my thang.

Last edited:
im afradi my wife would stab me in my slep if i did
does that count?

Compared to like 5-10 years ago. According to some women I know men are not as aggressive as they use to be in flirting/hitting on women. One girl tells me it's the woman who has the initiate the approach now more often. Or else nothing will happen. This is even happening in bars and clubs even.

For those Sherdog pick up artists is this true? If true, why is that?

592e9bb72300002c00347ef9.jpeg

i'm personally not, but i grew up in a time when it was a lot more normal for guys to approach women. for younger guys today, in their twenties and thirties, i think things have definitely changed a lot. guys are hesitant to offend a woman and have social stigmas associated to them.

in reality, guys want to approach women, and women want to be approached.

i'm personally not, but i grew up in a time when it was a lot more normal for guys to approach women. for younger guys today, in their twenties and thirties, i think things have definitely changed a lot. guys are hesitant to offend a woman and have social stigmas associated to them.

in reality, guys want to approach women, and women want to be approached.

Meh. I'm 48. In the 90s, one of the girls I was with said I was one of the first guys that approached her that wasn't drunk. Another time, I got a girl's number who was really hot and she was working the counter at a dept. store. She said I was the first guy to approach here there even though she had been working there for months.

I do not think Gen Y or Z lacks confidence in terms of just talking

Last edited:
It’s time to say NO to misogyny and cultural norms set by MEN

A woman’s place is in the workforce and a mans place is at home on the PlayStation!

Women should approach men while we sit there looking pretty, we’re better than that for a longer period of time anyways.

Yes, but only because dating apps have made connecting with women so easy (for me.) I just look at approaching in real life as a waste of time now. Why open myself up for potential rejection and embarrassment when I can just go online and match with a bunch of women? I honestly don’t see the issue with the OP. Didn’t women always claim they hate being “harassed” when they’re out?

Misses approached me. I didnt even notice her lol

Meh. I'm 48. In the 90s, one of the girls I was with said I was one of the first guys that approached her that wasn't drunk. Another time, I got a girl's number who was really hot and she was working the counter at a dept. store. She said I was the first guy to approach here there even though she had been working there for months.

I do not think Gen Y or Z lacks confidence in terms of just talking

i agree that it's not a confidence issue. my point is that it's now a social issue. where i grew up, i saw guys chatting up women. guess it depends on where you live and grew up.

Misses approached me. I didnt even notice her lol

That's probably why she approached you mate, women can't stand being ignored.

On topic I have no idea as a married guy, I did see a guy get a girls numbers in the COVID vaccine line last month, that cunt had some game that's for sure.

Yeah but I also have a lot of self confidence/body issues.

But I also am worried how I come across. Ive been told plenty Im intimidating looking because im big and about 6'2, plus Im usually wearing black and band singlets etc.

But my thing is always too, who is anyone going to believe.

The weird looking 6'2 guy wearing a dillinger escape plan tank top, or the pretty little girl he thought was nice looking

Women myopically demanded it this way...

In my experience, I'll add that a lot of women don't make themselves very approachable these days.

I'm not afraid to approach women, but I also am not the type of person that wants to bother people. If we make eye contact or she gives the vibe that she's open to being approached, then guys may actually do so. A lot of women (people) seem to be so wrapped up in their own world or even downright standoff-ish and afraid to be approached.

So I think it's a combo of both men and women being more anti-social in their behaviors more than anything.

In my experience, I'll add that a lot of women don't make themselves very approachable these days.

I'm not afraid to approach women, but I also am not the type of person that wants to bother people. If we make eye contact or she gives the vibe that she's open to being approached, then guys may actually do so. A lot of women (people) seem to be so wrapped up in their own world or even downright standoff-ish and afraid to be approached.

So I think it's a combo of both men and women being more anti-social in their behaviors more than anything.
That is the thing, is really stupid approach someone who didnt gave any signs. Guys should only approach girls who give signs to do it, is not a " numbers game" well it is also, but is bad mindset thinking like that.

Do weirdos really think girls want to be hit on in groceries, gym, or any kind places that is not normal to flirt? Probably a lot.

Yes 100%.

Guys are pussies nowadays.

Look at me, I'm a ugly mofo and still get laid cause I'll talk to every girls out there.

I don't care if I go 0/27 in a night out,
Can always be 1/28.
You might not be Brad Pitt but you're not ugly at all. For some reason it's become a thing for decent looking guys to describe themselves as ugly while fat chicks all describe themselves as beautiful. Strange world we live in now.

That is the thing, is really stupid approach someone who didnt gave any signs. Guys should only approach girls who give signs to do it, is not a " numbers game" well it is also, but is bad mindset thinking like that.

Do weirdos really think girls want to be hit on in groceries, gym, or any kind places that is not normal to flirt? Probably a lot.

I'll disagree on one thing... the grocery store is probably the easiest place to connect with a woman. In my experience, just having a light conversation with a laugh or two is almost a guaranteed number at least, and there are literally hundreds of things you could have a lighthearted conversation about.

But, yea, anywhere else, she has to play some part. Even some female animals will do something that let's the male know what time it is.

Back