1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Relationship Are men afraid to approach women nowadays?

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by MXZT, Oct 14, 2021.

?

Are you more hesitant to approach women in todays world?

1. Yes

48.6%
  2. No

43.0%
  3. I'm a woman.

8.4%
  1. fingercuffs Bills Mafia Platinum Member

Absolutely. Point is, a lot of men are fucking disgusting if they've got a bed for the night and a few drinks inside them.

Rand M Arthur likes this.
  2. TribalDrumz Silver Belt

I’m talking True weirdo loners man, not guys who lost connections with friends, guys who were always destined for social awkwardness and lack of consistent real world activity

3. Alphaboy Gold Belt

It's spawned some funny memes though!

4. gspieler Silver Belt

+1 on waiting for a signal(smiles at you, walks up near you while you're at the bar ordering a round, etc). Cold calling ain't my thang.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
    bean88 and Alphaboy like this.
  5. snowbro Purple Belt

shut up you fatherless bastard

Gamrot likes this.
  6. NoGoodNamesLeft Silver Belt

im afradi my wife would stab me in my slep if i did
    does that count?

7. IIIIIIII Titanium Belt

i'm personally not, but i grew up in a time when it was a lot more normal for guys to approach women. for younger guys today, in their twenties and thirties, i think things have definitely changed a lot. guys are hesitant to offend a woman and have social stigmas associated to them.

in reality, guys want to approach women, and women want to be approached.

Alphaboy and Zinger like this.
  8. Mr Mojo Lane Brown Belt

Meh. I'm 48. In the 90s, one of the girls I was with said I was one of the first guys that approached her that wasn't drunk. Another time, I got a girl's number who was really hot and she was working the counter at a dept. store. She said I was the first guy to approach here there even though she had been working there for months.

I do not think Gen Y or Z lacks confidence in terms of just talking

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
  9. Merlotte's Gold Belt

It’s time to say NO to misogyny and cultural norms set by MEN

A woman’s place is in the workforce and a mans place is at home on the PlayStation!

Women should approach men while we sit there looking pretty, we’re better than that for a longer period of time anyways.

10. TheOnlyGreatest Blue Belt

Yes, but only because dating apps have made connecting with women so easy (for me.) I just look at approaching in real life as a waste of time now. Why open myself up for potential rejection and embarrassment when I can just go online and match with a bunch of women? I honestly don’t see the issue with the OP. Didn’t women always claim they hate being “harassed” when they’re out?

11. STRYDG Green Belt

Misses approached me. I didnt even notice her lol

12. IIIIIIII Titanium Belt

i agree that it's not a confidence issue. my point is that it's now a social issue. where i grew up, i saw guys chatting up women. guess it depends on where you live and grew up.

13. Hellowhosthat Steel Belt

[​IMG]

fingercuffs and JbModest like this.
  14. TankAbbott4Eva Gold Belt

That's probably why she approached you mate, women can't stand being ignored.

On topic I have no idea as a married guy, I did see a guy get a girls numbers in the COVID vaccine line last month, that cunt had some game that's for sure.

15. UberKneeOf209 Brown Belt

Yeah but I also have a lot of self confidence/body issues.

But I also am worried how I come across. Ive been told plenty Im intimidating looking because im big and about 6'2, plus Im usually wearing black and band singlets etc.

But my thing is always too, who is anyone going to believe.

The weird looking 6'2 guy wearing a dillinger escape plan tank top, or the pretty little girl he thought was nice looking

16. badascan Red Belt Platinum Member

Women myopically demanded it this way...

17. WandySaku2 Purple Belt

In my experience, I'll add that a lot of women don't make themselves very approachable these days.

I'm not afraid to approach women, but I also am not the type of person that wants to bother people. If we make eye contact or she gives the vibe that she's open to being approached, then guys may actually do so. A lot of women (people) seem to be so wrapped up in their own world or even downright standoff-ish and afraid to be approached.

So I think it's a combo of both men and women being more anti-social in their behaviors more than anything.

gspieler, Alphaboy and b-hop like this.
  18. b-hop Green Belt

That is the thing, is really stupid approach someone who didnt gave any signs. Guys should only approach girls who give signs to do it, is not a " numbers game" well it is also, but is bad mindset thinking like that.

Do weirdos really think girls want to be hit on in groceries, gym, or any kind places that is not normal to flirt? Probably a lot.

-Magua- likes this.
  19. Noveltymortar Brown Belt

You might not be Brad Pitt but you're not ugly at all. For some reason it's become a thing for decent looking guys to describe themselves as ugly while fat chicks all describe themselves as beautiful. Strange world we live in now.

-Magua- likes this.
  20. WandySaku2 Purple Belt

I'll disagree on one thing... the grocery store is probably the easiest place to connect with a woman. In my experience, just having a light conversation with a laugh or two is almost a guaranteed number at least, and there are literally hundreds of things you could have a lighthearted conversation about.

But, yea, anywhere else, she has to play some part. Even some female animals will do something that let's the male know what time it is.

-Magua- likes this.