Relationship Are men afraid to approach women nowadays?

Are you more hesitant to approach women in todays world?

• Total voters
Ahahahahahahahahahahahhah.
You don't have any idea how many approaches a girl goes through every day do you? Afraid!

This thread is proof some of you don't fucking talk to people.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahhah.
You don't have any idea how many approaches a girl goes through every day do you? Afraid!

This thread is proof some of you don't fucking talk to people.

Well there was a thread here about friends and most had few or none so social interaction is limited

Definitely. I approach women and I'm still afraid to approach women.

Same here man. But I love it when women throw you a curve and come after you

Was at this Halloween event a few years ago and this hot ass brunette smiled at me when we first arrived and crossed paths. I didn't think anything of it at first. I literally ran into the same chick again and she puts both her hands on my shoulders and whispered "I'm sorry" in my ear and I sort of slid my hand down her back as she walked away with her friends.

Five minutes later she walks by me alone and then stands right next to me. Kind of shocked me she was the one looking for me as cute as she was

I didn't even have to say two words to her. Just played it cool and let the chips fall where they may

I usually wait for at least a sign before approaching somebody in a bar or club to not be bothering women who aren’t interested and I don’t think that’s changed much over the years

I can see why people would be more cautious with some of the stuff going on in the world these days and I’m definitely more discreet about checking girls out when with a group of male friends

People here in the UK tend to wait until they are pissed on a night out for these things though, don’t our American brothers just hit on women while they are out doing their grocery shopping?

No, MEN still approach and talk to WOMEN.
This doesnt apply to soy boys, or other genders attempting to "appear" as women.

I've been rejected like at least 1000 times.
rookie-numbers-wolf-of-wallstreet.gif

Considering the fact that I generally judge myself negatively, putting myself out there is inviting others to judge me negatively.

So without my partner, I'd probably be a bit fucked.

Compared to like 5-10 years ago. According to some women I know men are not as aggressive as they use to be in flirting/hitting on women. One girl tells me it's the woman who has the initiate the approach now more often. Or else nothing will happen. This is even happening in bars and clubs even.

For those Sherdog pick up artists is this true? If true, why is that?

592e9bb72300002c00347ef9.jpeg

I blame 3rd wave feminism, the man hating kind. It is drilled into young guys not to approach a woman. Plus you have a generation of young women who think their shit doesn't stink. Add this to socially awkward guys being scared of rejection, then many just don't even try.

Lol, this bit. I've had every single one on stay overnight conferences, fucking creeps.

"Here are just some of the comments she’s heard from would-be mentors, enough to make you never want to take a business trip in this town — or any town — again. They include ambiguous innuendos (“Ho-ho, we need to stop meeting like this!”), their home life (“My wife just doesn’t understand me”), comments about appearance (“You look really beautiful with your hair down”) and offers of help to navigate hotel corridors at night (“Let me help you find your room and make sure it’s comfortable”)."

My 3rd day at a company, the previous 2 offsite training we had a conference, everyone got hammered, a girl put me to bed because I was hammered. Next thing I know I wake up to a guy from another office in my (single) bed pulling my underwear down. So yeah in these instances I can see why the creeps spoil it for the good guys. The same night earlier on in the evening a guy lifted my dress up.

I usually wait for at least a sign before approaching somebody in a bar or club to not be bothering women who aren’t interested and I don’t think that’s changed much over the years

I can see why people would be more cautious with some of the stuff going on in the world these days and I’m definitely more discreet about checking girls out when with a group of male friends

People here in the UK tend to wait until they are pissed on a night out for these things though, don’t our American brothers just hit on women while they are out doing their grocery shopping?

Culture here is based around the pub though, so it serves as a community focus. Which makes it easy to make romantic moves, I'm guessing. In North America, it's either sports clubs or Churches that form the centre of the community. These are slightly more delicate places to make a move, for obvious reasons.

Lol, this bit. I've had every single one on stay overnight conferences, fucking creeps.

"Here are just some of the comments she’s heard from would-be mentors, enough to make you never want to take a business trip in this town — or any town — again. They include ambiguous innuendos (“Ho-ho, we need to stop meeting like this!”), their home life (“My wife just doesn’t understand me”), comments about appearance (“You look really beautiful with your hair down”) and offers of help to navigate hotel corridors at night (“Let me help you find your room and make sure it’s comfortable”)."

My 3rd day at a company, the previous 2 offsite training we had a conference, everyone got hammered, a girl put me to bed because I was hammered. Next thing I know I wake up to a guy from another office in my (single) bed pulling my underwear down. So yeah in these instances I can see why the creeps spoil it for the good guys. The same night earlier on in the evening a guy lifted my dress up.

There is a world of difference between a coworker telling you that he thinks you are good looking and (assumedly) another one trying to rape you whilst you are passed out.

Lol, I never understood this part of the commercial.

Approaching women on the street is crass, a bit brutish but it isn't exactly the same as harrassment/predatory behavior, which the commercial attempts to liken it to. If she says not interested and he keeps pestering her or stalking that's another thing.

100% - All women themed threads turn into fights. There must be some primal "fight for a mate" mechanism triggered in some of these dudes' brains or something when the topic comes up.

Same here

If she rejected his advances and he kept approaching her then I could totally understand homeboy intervening. There was absolutely nothing wrong with what he did that's why the commercial stopped airing and got so many bad reviews LOL

Exactly. That was considered normal behavior so long as the guy didn't harass or stalk her if she rejected him. I wonder how the makers of that commercial think their parents met.

Back