Are long beards an advantage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who knows? Not like anyone will ever attribute being beaten to the other guy having a bigger beard or head of hair though. No fighter at least.

Accurately targeting the tip of the chin (the most vulnerable point) is already extremely difficult, so it's possible that there would be a difference targeting that area with someone clean shaven vs. someone with an enormously large beard. The question is if that difference is significant or insignificant.

But it's not difficult at all. It may be hard to land if the other guy has good defense or you suck but the chin is ALWAYS ALWAYS right under the mouth.

A beard does not change the structure of a human face. If you can see the nose or mouth, you can find the chin/jaw.

It's not just the chin being viable, it's also about the clinch/grappling aspect when it gets in the eyes and chafes the skin. It's an unfair advantage and it's fucking disgusting.

I can't argue with this. Rolling with long-hairs and long beard is truly disgusting. Not to mention increasing the likelihood that I am going to get a fucking mat pube stuck in the back of my throat for the rest of class.

The thing is, if you punch Roy Nelson directly in the beard you stand a high chance of hitting at least one of his chins.

GEWapW1.gif

A great striker is going to find it regardless. An average striker isn't accurate enough for it to matter either.

As someone who actually fights....

No, there really is no advantage for or against a beard.

I've found a couple chins whilst struggling to see straight, I don't think a beard is as much of a distraction/visual shield for the chin as the person hitting carrying 6pints on board.

Ps, for those who think that fighters should have facial hair trimmed to a certain length in order to fight, should they also force armpit hair length and wipe off all sweat in 1minute intervals ?

Have you ever thrown a punch at another man's face?

Haven't you seen enough faces to know that the chin is right below the mouth? Do you think bearded men .... Shit, I just dn't know what to say.

Yeah, I guess it makes it impossible to hit the chin/jaw.

Hope you're happy. I fucking hate this place.

Dude not everyone has the same distance from mouth to chin. Some are longer some have short chins.

There's an expression "hit the right on the button" it means you hit them exactly on the chin, which is the best place to KO someone. So you having to guess where it is, as opposed to seeing it, must make a difference. You can still hit them under the mouth, sure, it just mite not land as accurate as you'd like.

Dude not everyone has the same distance from mouth to chin. Some are longer some have short chins.

There's an expression "hit the right on the button" it means you hit them exactly on the chin, which is the best place to KO someone. So you having to guess where it is, as opposed to seeing it, must make a difference. You can still hit them under the mouth, sure, it just mite not land as accurate as you'd like.

Lol

well... on the other hand, it greatly increses the target

It doesn't show the whole thing but the kid is unphsaed. Idk if Hunt was going 100% that may be liability but there was a similar video with a UFC fighter attempting to body shot KO a really fat guy@his gym. and it didn't work.

Believe it or not 20 lbs of blubber is actually almost like body armor. Absorbs better than muscle
becuase you pack on maybe 5 lbs of 6 pack, and 2" long muscles, but you can have 40 lbs of
fat and a whole foot of it in front of your organs defending them.

Never hit a fat guy in stomach...go for the joints and hard parts, knees and head.
Fat guys in particular usually don't have good knees.

lZXYlH.gif

latest

I think your biased towards beards due to your Grizzly Adams avatar.

IDK I guess a fist is as big as the whole area under your mouth so maybe it don't matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's going to be more of a factor in the grappling.

well the beard actually softens the punch and lessens the impact, so it should be considered a ped because not all fighters can grow them to help their chins. ban beards from mma!

If you really believe that a beard can stop you from being KO with a good punch, you need to go back to bowling.

I think your biased towards beards due to your Grizzly Adams avatar.

IDK I guess a fist is as big as the whole are under your mouth so maybe it don't matter.

Sorry for being so dismissive of what you said.

Yeah, the fist is big and (I believe) the target is not hard to find under a beard.

Also - dat's not Grzzley Adams! It's Kurt Russell in The Thing. Truly an excellent very nearly B movie if ever there was one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back