Are Jones' wins over Cormier are legit or tarnished by PEDs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

User9992

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Are Jones' wins over Cormier are legit or tarnished by PEDs?

xebhtw0xlz7x.jpg

Well, the second one without question has to be because he failed the drug test for it.
UFC 182
If they see a deviation in the T/E ratio of greater than 30 percent, there is something up. That’s a red flag,” Conte explained. “If you look at Daniel [Cormier’s] two ratios, they were .42 and .47; that’s about an eight percent deviation. If you look at the numbers for Jon Jones, his was basically an 80 percent deviation. His is suspicious and Daniel Cormier’s is not. It’s not just that he’s got very low [testosterone] levels, much lower than Daniel. Daniel’s are normal, his are extremely low.”

Cormier’s T/E ratios were 0.40:1 and 0.48:1, while his testosterone levels were 50 ng/mL and 70 ng/mL.

“These are highly suspicious for Jon Jones, in my opinion,” Conte said. “This is the reason that sophisticated anti-doping officials do target testing. So based on what we see here, my opinion is Jon Jones should be on a very short leash and should be random tested here until they sort out why he has these anomalies.”

NSAC head Bob Bennett also stated "There's no problem with Daniel"

Given that he was later caught multiple times, to any rational person these numbers will be looked at as testing positive.

He was on steroids both times he fought DC.

Last edited:
Given that he was later caught multiple times, to any rational person these numbers will be looked at as testing positive.

He was on steroids for the first Cormier fight too, while DC's numbers were perfectly normal.

UFC 182
If they see a deviation in the T/E ratio of greater than 30 percent, there is something up. That’s a red flag,” Conte explained. “If you look at Daniel [Cormier’s] two ratios, they were .42 and .47; that’s about an eight percent deviation. If you look at the numbers for Jon Jones, his was basically an 80 percent deviation. His is suspicious and Daniel Cormier’s is not. It’s not just that he’s got very low [testosterone] levels, much lower than Daniel. Daniel’s are normal, his are extremely low.”

Cormier’s T/E ratios were 0.40:1 and 0.48:1, while his testosterone levels were 50 ng/mL and 70 ng/mL.

“These are highly suspicious for Jon Jones, in my opinion,” Conte said. “This is the reason that sophisticated anti-doping officials do target testing. So based on what we see here, my opinion is Jon Jones should be on a very short leash and should be random tested here until they sort out why he has these anomalies.”

NSAC head Bob Bennett also stated "There's no problem with Daniel"

As a long time steroid user myself, I don't doubt it. To me, it's very clear that Jones has been on gear for atleast a while up to that fight with Cormier.

But, sadly we can't prove it unequivocally.

Unlike the second fight where we know as an absolute matter of fact that he was using.

As a long time steroid user myself, I don't doubt it. To me, it's very clear that Jones has been on gear for atleast a while up to that fight with Cormier.

But, sadly we can't prove it unequivocally.

Unlike the second fight where we know as an absolute matter of fact that he was using.
The arbitration conclusion doesn’t match what you’re saying. Neither is a known fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back