Are irish americans as proud of Conor as I am?

you're not irish. you're american. even irish people don't consider you irish.

I have never understood this tagging the country of your ancestors,like ''Irish/American''......If I traced my heritage back far enough,i would no doubt end up in Ireland,but I'm not from there,my parents arent from there and my grandparents arent from there,so what the fuck is Irish about that ?

i agree. it's people who have no pride in being american. there should be no hyphenations with american. you are american. that's it. leave your allegiances with other countries outside of america.

why would you be proud of someone you have nothing to do with?

you know what's funny? i am in Winnipeg, Manitoba right now, I was as the stripclub earlier and I actually ran into an Irishman, straight out of Dublin. First thing I asked him was "Yo! You like McGregor?!" And he said fuck no, he hates him. And he said alot of people from Dublin do not like Conor. Piece of shite I think he said.

We have Chinese Australians here. They call themselves Australian Born Chinese(ABC). Being born in a different countrie doesn't erase thousands of years of culture, ethnicity, race and religion.

Having said that I hate when Aussies say they are 1/4 Italian or 1/8 German or something and think they are cool or matters when they are Aussie as meatpies.
I wasn't aware of the ''ABC's''.......bottom line is they're as Australian as Skippy

zuTe2VY.jpg

you know what's funny? i am in Winnipeg, Manitoba right now, I was as the stripclub earlier and I actually ran into an Irishman, straight out of Dublin. First thing I asked him was "Yo! You like McGregor?!" And he said fuck no, he hates him. And he said alot of people from Dublin do not like Conor. Piece of shite I think he said.

i'm going to guess because conor acts like a fucking moron, and it reflects bad on other people from dublin. can't blame them.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the Irish thought conor was a idiot, regardless of where someone comes from if they act like a tit then there a tit, just because your from the same place doesn't make him any less of a tit. He is a good fighter but end of the day he is a complete tit and trys to act like someone he is not, just be humble and woop ass, you can still be funny in press conferences and confident but the whole money thing is fucking embarrassing now and pretty much a mayweather rip off as he done it first.

Also recycling the same lines of "who the fuk is that guy" or "fuk him" or "I don't give a fuk" just boring but the McGregor fans drool over that shi* I just don't know why.

He has tons of Irish fans, true. But the bulk of his fanbase I think is non-Irish Americans.

Being Irish has really benefitted him though. In fact I'd say one highly underrated reason for his mainstream popularity is his appearances on Conan O'Brien. Conan is obviously Irish and a big Conor supporter it would seem. Those appearances really got him known.

Of course his own charisma in those appearances helped a ton. But if he never was on Conan, I'm not sure he becomes this huge mainstream star.

Hmmm. In terms of fighter popularity in the past, it seemed like a lot of the Brazilian fighters like Silva x 2, Aldo, Belfort etc, were big favourites of the American fan base. None of it had to do with their nationality, more their fighting style.

They didn't put Conor on a Boston card for no reason for his second fight. The Americans seem to be more able to get behind a fighter who is non American, rather than an American one. This topic has being discussed a lot on here and a lot of the American posters put it down to; 'meh, we have lots of fighters who are Champions'

It's also fan culture in Ireland and the UK where people will travel to the arse hole of some ex Soviet state to watch a football match, so going to Vegas or New York is much more appealing.

you're not irish. you're american. even irish people don't consider you irish.
I mentioned this months ago in this forum and explained where my family is from. We still have many relatives and property there, which I'll inherit.
An Irish poster made my words true by shitting on the part of Ireland my family is from!
Irish are truly fucked in the head.

I moved from England to the states when I was 18. Never got why people here felt the needed to posture that they were from a country they've never been to. I know an 'American-Italian' and all she talks about is pizza. Ask her anything else about Italy and she doesn't have a clue.

Pretty sure if I traced my family tree back I'd be some part french. But I'm not French so it makes absolutely no sense.

OP is obviously being sarcastic. Conors tactics including the way he carries himself and represents his nation is beyond embarassing. I wouldn't be suprised if he gets gunned down by a real irish civilian.

lol_vladimir_putin.gif

I visited Ireland a few times to see my parents homeland. There is sometime fascinating about them and the culture. Downtrodden for centuries but persvered and never complained. Rose through thr gutters to become distinguished and powerful in the police, military and politics. As an irish american I just feel for them more than others and would always support them.
Im an American but I'm irish blood. It is in my veins. This is where I get my determination to succeed no matter what they say.
Take pride in your culture and heritage. It might not be irish but something else. But for such a small nation to birth so many hard, tough men...it must be genetic. Fighting the british made them rough.

and then we have Conor
According to McGregor, your ancestors are "traitors to their people"

I'd say Limerick or Offaly ^^^^

Edit - close enough with my second guess.

I'm originally from a village near Westmeath

I visited Ireland a few times to see my parents homeland. There is sometime fascinating about them and the culture. Downtrodden for centuries but persvered and never complained. Rose through thr gutters to become distinguished and powerful in the police, military and politics. As an irish american I just feel for them more than others and would always support them.
Im an American but I'm irish blood. It is in my veins. This is where I get my determination to succeed no matter what they say.
Take pride in your culture and heritage. It might not be irish but something else. But for such a small nation to birth so many hard, tough men...it must be genetic. Fighting the british made them rough.

/QUOTE]

The Irish fought the Vikings, Normans before the British and also fought among themselves for control. England has been conquered more times then Ireland has but people look at the British as being tougher then the Irish. But in reality England was conquered 400 years ago by a Dutch/German army so England was taken over also not just Ireland. The Irish would not lie down and be ruled so the invading army new rulers and they being Protestant and not Catholic hated the Irish

A good chunk of me is Irish and my grandparents wrote a whole 600 page book on my Irish genealogy. There's a whole bunch of royalty dating way back and even Bing Crosby is a blood relative of mine but I've never been a Conor supporter. I don't feel any connection to my Irishness

I'm an American mutt anyways like a lot of people. Took a blood test to see where I'm actually from and it told me a lot that I already knew except for the fact that I have African and English in my blood lol.

Also I'm still waiting for my great Czech hope as almost half of me is Czech. Also I'm from Jersey so I gots Italian in me naturally so I'm still waiting for Serra to reclaim that WW belt.

Back