Are Holly Holm and Amanda Nunes the only two competent strikers Ronda has faced?

BigMuffler = Tormund
obvious

According to that logic, Anderson Silva is a way better wrestler than Chael Sonnen, afterall Silva beat him.
I wasn't arguing that Tate is a better striker than Holm but that she isn't an inferior fighter or "soccer mom". Follow the actual conversation instead of assuming every discussion in the thread relates directly to the title.

Tate beat Holm.

Tate got a late sub on Holm, who isn't much of a grappler and was handling Tate the entire fight. Let's not act like Tate was very competitive in that fight until the submission.

Tate got a late sub on Holm, who isn't much of a grappler and was handling Tate the entire fight. Let's not act like Tate was very competitive in that fight until the submission.
10-8 second round.

"Handling" as in nothing much happening in the other rounds since Holm was too wary of the wrestling to cut loose.

Ronda is going to become the Fedor of WMMA, people will try to detract from her legacy for their own agenda.
Except for the fact that Fedor wasn't afraid to get in the ring with dangerous strikers that were bigger than him. There are absolutely no parallels you can draw between Ronda and Fedor.

Yes. Ronda is the 3rd best striker in the division.
Nah, Ronda's the 4th.

Valentina-Shevchenko11.jpg

Yes. If Holm can get her grappling game up to par she could be a force. Shes still very green when it comes to grappling. She was arguably winning a very lack luster fight against Miesha before being taken to the ground and submitted. Then she gets grapple fucked by the Russian chick. Holm has potential. Nunes is legit too but not as good of a pure striker as Holm. Nunes is all hands. While Holm is hands and feet, knees and elbows.

Holly fights far too passive and, considering she has all that boxing experience, isn't as good as she should be at striking. The only fight she was aggressive was against Rousey.

No, they're the only 2 ELITE strikers.

Kaufman and Davis were competent strikers and Budd beat Gina in kickboxing, Cat is a good clinch striker though not amazing at range, Miesha was never afraid of being punched before the Pennington fight and beat Eye standing.

I really don't think either are elite. Maybe elite for WMMA and that weight division, but anywhere else they're decent but not great.

Yes. If Holm can get her grappling game up to par she could be a force. Shes still very green when it comes to grappling. She was arguably winning a very lack luster fight against Miesha before being taken to the ground and submitted. Then she gets grapple fucked by the Russian chick. Holm has potential. Nunes is legit too but not as good of a pure striker as Holm. Nunes is all hands. While Holm is hands and feet, knees and elbows.
Valentina is a Master of Sports in Judo, remember she wrestle fucked Kaufman for 3 rounds on 2 weeks notice.

I wasn't arguing that Tate is a better striker than Holm but that she isn't an inferior fighter or "soccer mom". Follow the actual conversation instead of assuming every discussion in the thread relates directly to the title.
Yeah, but the way you chose to do so is by arguing that Tate is a better striker than Holm.

Try to make sense on your logic and I'll try to waste time reading that, deal?

In the beginning I didn't want to sound disrespectful, but your last answer kinda blew... Still, all in all, I meant no disrespect to you.

Yeah, but the way you chose to do so is by arguing that Tate is a better striker than Holm.

Try to make sense on your logic and I'll try to waste time reading that, deal?

In the beginning I didn't want to sound disrespectful, but your last answer kinda blew... Still, all in all, I meant no disrespect to you.
I never said she was a better striker.

I posted "Tate beat Holm" in reply to "Holm was pretty much the only non soccer mom RRR had fought." Nothing about Tate being better at STRIKING.

That's why I said to follow the conversation, dumbass.

I never said she was a better striker.

I posted "Tate beat Holm" in reply to "Holm was pretty much the only non soccer mom RRR had fought." Nothing about Tate being better at STRIKING.

That's why I said to follow the conversation, dumbass.
Good.

Off you go.

Ronda is going to become the Fedor of WMMA, people will try to detract from her legacy for their own agenda.

It's absolutely ridiculous to try to compare Ronda to Fedor.

Fedor was maybe the most complete fighter ever.

Ronda, on the other hand, was a one-dimensional hype-job who got exposed by the first striker with size she faced.

If Fedor = Ronda, Fedor would have been KO'd by Cro Cop in about 30 seconds.

It's absolutely ridiculous to try to compare Ronda to Fedor.

Fedor was maybe the most complete fighter ever.

Ronda, on the other hand, was a one-dimensional hype-job who got exposed by the first striker with size she faced.

If Fedor = Ronda, Fedor would have been KO'd by Cro Cop in about 30 seconds.

You're talking to a dead man.

Back