Are hayabusa pro sparring 16oz gloves any good? Are they too tight fitting?

mjf1979

White Belt
Reaction score
Guys, 1st time poster here so go easy just wanted some advice and input.... im keen on the hayabusa pro sparring 160z gloves however am concerned about a few negative reviews over their tight fit.... ive read a few people saying that with wraps on its hard to feel hand and fingers and hard to make a fist...

i dont have big hands but just wanted to hear from owners and or users of them and hear your input, my hands are 8inches long from base of palm/wrist to end of longest finger and 4 inches wide across knuckles. Will they fit comfortably as this for me is important, comfort aswell as protection

im wanting them for an allround glove for bag and sparring work

i am considering fairtex bgv1 too

so guys any advice would be greatly appreciated !!!

ive trained with people that use the busas but never heard them say anything bad about them.. i have never had a single issue with any of my everlast though.. they have every style and they are definitely worth the money

cheers for the response man, what everlast do you use then ??

I love the Hayabusas. Very snug fit and comfortable, and yes even with wraps on. Unless you have extremely long fingers or huge hands it's not gonna be an issue. Especially since once broken in they will stretch out a little.

Not sure you wanna use them for sparring though, the padding is very dense. I only box so I don't know what people in MMA use. According to Hayabusa they're MMA sparring gloves so I don't know. I just use them on the bag.

I love the Hayabusas. Very snug fit and comfortable, and yes even with wraps on. Unless you have extremely long fingers or huge hands it's not gonna be an issue. Especially since once broken in they will stretch out a little.

Not sure you wanna use them for sparring though, the padding is very dense. I only box so I don't know what people in MMA use. According to Hayabusa they're MMA sparring gloves so I don't know. I just use them on the bag.

My Hayabusas were almost too snug when I first got them, but they became EXTREMELY comfortable after a short period of time. Awesome for bag work.

how long did they take to break in ? you also said they were almost too snug at first, was that with wraps on aswell?

how long did they take to break in ? you also said they were almost too snug at first, was that with wraps on aswell?

If I remember correctly it was only like a week of consistent use (with wraps). They fit perfectly now. The inner lining of the glove is VERY comfortable. I have yet to find another glove this comfortable to wear. Also the wrist support is excellent.

If you decide to go with the Hayabusa's and find that they are snug at first try one of the following options for wrapping your hands while you get them broken in. The Combat Sports wraps are obviously available at CSI as well and Ringside also carries the Le Roy Mexican wraps. I have plenty of experience with the first three I've listed and like them all a lot. Haven't tried the Title Junior wraps before. Title seems to offers the most 108"-120" wrap options.

Combat Sports MMA Handwraps - MMAWarehouse.com

Mexican Handwrap Guaze-Combatsports.com

Ringside Kids Handwraps-www.Ringside.com

TITLE JUNIOR HANDWRAPS BLUE > Handwraps, Tape & Gauze > Title MMA

Last edited by a moderator:
I like mine. But it's all I've every owned. For other gloves, all I've ever done is pull them on.

I like em but don't have anything to compare them. I've gone about 40% with my trainer (in my very limited experience) and he didn't complain at all. But I have heard some people hear say they're a little bit on the hard side

I've seen a bunch of people with them and they seem to like them. The only thing I've heard was the leather is a bit hard when sparring.

cheers guys for all the advice i appreciate it..... ended up buying them yesterday.... looking forward t testing them out soon !!!

I have them and didnt like em at first because they were too stiff but once u break em in they are great.....I love that mexican glove feel and cant use anything else, the double strap system is great for the wrists. They are hard for sparring but IMO they are good all around

i have them, no problems at all with them! comfortable and awesome for bag work and sparring

i have used these for almost a year and no signs of wear. they fit great and are very comfortable. 5 stars

Back