Are GSP vs Diaz and Jones vs Sonnen signs.........

Whatever the problem is, the Sherdog MBAs will figure out a solution.

The UFC is a business.. in the Entertainment business of course Dana is going to put his biggest pay per view draws together.

Dana isn't a pure MMA fanatic like us he's a very very rich businessman.

Its life money talks, theres a lot of WWE/ MMA fans who want to see these phoney fued's between fighters to help sell the fight.

LOL. Its good to see the pure and real fans are posting on Sherdog..... :rolleyes:

No UFC is not in any trouble at this point.
Diaz was the SF champion and was scheduled to fight GSP (whom he called out several times while being in SF, if I recall right), and made Carlos step aside for that fight.

I think Sonnen gets the Jones fight partly because he was the only one (?) to step up and ready to fight JJ to save a ppv. JJ declined.
So UFC is partly thanking Sonnen by giving him TUF and a fight vs JJ.

If you are a company man UFC will often reward you.

I doubt the UFC is in financial trouble but they have had trouble selling out venues in Canada recently. Which to me explains one of the reasons why Dana was so quick to put GSP and Diaz together in Montreal.

The Sonen Jones thing, I think, is to prop up TUF. The struggles TUF has had in the ratings have been well documented. So a new timeslot with 2 of the UFC's biggest PPV draws is exactly what the doctor ordered.

I think it's fairly evident that both of these are money fights and were made first and foremost because they are money fights. I don't think it's a sign that the UFC is in financial trouble, it's a sign that they're being proactive. This is why they will likely never be in financial trouble.

Dana only bought one Ferrari last month, so it's pretty bad

How does the Fox deal work? Do they pay Fox for putting them on, or does Fox pay UFC for content right?

lol financial trouble, i was in holland and barrett looking for suppliments and saw ufc thai pads on sale. they are merching the hell out of everything and no doubt making bucks on gate/ppv/videogames etc

Didn't Dana just buy a Bently for Anderson? Lol UFC is doing fine.

Bump

with these cuts and many more big names to come (possibly Faber), I'm thinking more and more that the UFC isn't as "in the black" as they once were.

Back