Are Friends Over-rated?

I remember meeting some friends about a month ago, I asked them for some advice regarding a situation I was in at the time and by the end of it all, I felt ridiculed and just not good ... And none the wiser as to what to do ...

I met with some old friends last night, I felt bored and couldn't wait to get home and clean my room, read some books.

Despite this, I find that I don't feel lonely because I'm working towards my life goals. My goals excite me and I'm really working on them everyday.

I find friends to be a bit of a distraction. They are cool and ok to hang with occasionally, but now when I have dilemmas I talk to family members who never ridicule me and would actually listen to me, offer council and support me no matter what.

I don't know, sometimes I think maintaining some friendships is a waste of time/money/energy.

I feel like I'm making better life decisions everyday and becoming a man that I admire and that's more important that "cheap pleasures".

The people you describe sound more like Acquaintances rather than friends. Except for the ridicule part, that's what friends are for.

I was a fan of Ross. Thought he was pretty funny.

Your friends (or lack thereof) are overrated. Not everyone else's.

was with a girl once and she had to stop to buy souvenirs for her friends. i said fine. she comes back with 35 souvenirs. i ask, what the fuck. she goes, oh i bought one for each of my friends. 35 friends? who has 35 friends? stopped dating after awhile because she would always drag me to meet with people EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK. "friendship" was a full time job. the most insane person i have ever dated which, according to the rules of society, was a WINNER, she HAD FRIENDS!!!!

christalmighty.

I see you talking down to people a lot. Youre a bitch and a bully, and I dont like you.
You two need to duke this out in a "Who is a better poster?" poll in the OT. Loser wears an AV of shame for 30 days.

Do we have a deal, gentlemen? @Horse Style

You two need to duke this out in a "Who is a better poster?" poll in the OT. Loser wears an AV of shame for 30 days.

Do we have a deal, gentlemen? @Horse Style
Do you get a commission for every poster you make an OT regular or something? Why would I care to "duke it out" with some whiny random I didn't know existed until today?

It's very possible to have good friends. You should take a look in the mirror first; are you a good friend? If yes, then it's time you ditch those pricks

Nah. Friends are awesome. In our group of friends (5 total) we always support each other.

You need to find better friends.

I Had nerd group of Magic the Gathering friends, then long term girlfriend with video game good friends, then, ALCOHOL. Then no gf because alcohol, and some friends I jammed in a death metal band with, then no bandmates cuz alcohol, then some friends I ordered UFC events with, then me drunk fucked that up too.

I had to get used to not having friends, and when I stopped drinking I learned my social skills are pathetic and I think about myself too often in front of other people in sobriety. Going places myself or not going places because I would be by myself.

Are friends overrated? No. But if you attempt to cut off any meaningful connection to other persons beware turning into a self pity, poor me lonely fuckhead. I am very happy in solitude, enjoy my job and my life.

Good friend aren't. Also depends on you being a good judge of character -if you aren't, odds are you'll surround yourself with idiots. Odds are good you'll be an idiot too.

I Had nerd group of Magic the Gathering friends, then long term girlfriend with video game good friends, then, ALCOHOL. Then no gf because alcohol, and some friends I jammed in a death metal band with, then no bandmates cuz alcohol, then some friends I ordered UFC events with, then me drunk fucked that up too.

I had to get used to not having friends, and when I stopped drinking I learned my social skills are pathetic and I think about myself too often in front of other people in sobriety. Going places myself or not going places because I would be by myself.

Are friends overrated? No. But if you attempt to cut off any meaningful connection to other persons beware turning into a self pity, poor me lonely fuckhead. I am very happy in solitude, enjoy my job and my life.
You just need to find the right friend to hang with. It sounds like Jack Daniels has been a very loyal friend to you this whole time. Don't be a prick and turn your back on him now

Yea man, having a good time by yourself is always better. lmao.

I remember meeting some friends about a month ago, I asked them for some advice regarding a situation I was in at the time and by the end of it all, I felt ridiculed and just not good ... And none the wiser as to what to do ...

I met with some old friends last night, I felt bored and couldn't wait to get home and clean my room, read some books.

Despite this, I find that I don't feel lonely because I'm working towards my life goals. My goals excite me and I'm really working on them everyday.

I find friends to be a bit of a distraction. They are cool and ok to hang with occasionally, but now when I have dilemmas I talk to family members who never ridicule me and would actually listen to me, offer council and support me no matter what.

I don't know, sometimes I think maintaining some friendships is a waste of time/money/energy.

I feel like I'm making better life decisions everyday and becoming a man that I admire and that's more important that "cheap pleasures".
I only keep a small circle of friends that ive known my whole life. So theyre basically brothers.

But I value privacy and trust. I cant be close with someone if I know my business and their business are out in the open for everyone to see. Keeps me in control... and I like that.

My only friends are the girls i bang and my kids, really. A couple people I went to law school with.
You went to law school? I figured the shit you post in the WR you were at least elementary school education level.

Back