Are Fighters About to Lose "Locker room" Bonuses After Ownership Change?

nanika

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
the UFC under the Fertittas was not fighter friendly in official revenue percentages but numerous fighters have claimed that the UFC gave them hidden bonuses known as "Locker room bonuses." although arbitrary, this helped explain how many fighters live comfortable lifestyles, and how many others simply survived as fighters. many fighters live better lives than their published fight purses would allow.

will the new owners have to increase official fight pay outs? or will they continue with the Fertitta's methods of supporting who they like?

I think these bonuses are written specifically into a fighter's contract? Seems to me all of that stuff was in Couture's contract when it was revealed in that court case.

Good question. I hope so ...another thing im wondering is if sean shelby and joe silva are sticking around with dana

They will most likely keep paying fighters there contracted amounts and continue on like the Locker room bonuses don't exist.

Nope. It's a talent agency that bought it.

So instead of locker room bonuses they get backroom casting couch bonuses.

Back room bonuses*

And for a select few, Backdoor bonuses.

Nope. It's a talent agency that bought it.

So instead of locker room bonuses they get backroom casting couch bonuses.

This would be acceptable.

It will depend on how much all these bonuses were worth. If all of the sudden the bonuses stop, and fighters are making way less money, they will defect. The new owners can't just cut out tons of fighters pay, and expect that they will just except it and not look for greener pastures.

Good question. I hope so ...another thing im wondering is if sean shelby and joe silva are sticking around with dana

You seriously think fighters' disclosed pay is enough?

8K is enough for possible serious brain damage or death?

You seriously think fighters' disclosed pay is enough?

8K is enough for possible serious brain damage or death?
Hell no i appaulagize i misread the thread im sorry i meant i hope the locker room bonuses stay around because yes they definately deserve ALOT more money then they get ...even the guys at the top

how can locker room bonus ever be verified

Who knows...

You guys around here still trust disclosed payouts, lol.

Back