Are excuses the default now?

Same reason you rarely see the big talkers on Sherdog concede a point. You never want to give haters something to cling onto and say 'see, he even admitted it'. And your fans enjoy the thought of it being a fluke that will be different next time. Making excuses is a great idea. Add in the fact that sherdog haters are ignored anyway, so there are really no negative consequences of doing so.

Seems like after every main or co-main fight, or any fight we care about, 9/10 times the loser has an array of excuses for why they lost.

Maybe I just wasn't paying that much attention say 10-15 years ago but it didn't seem this prevalent.

Just in the last couple weeks :
Costa - wine
Holland - didn't want belt anyway
Francis (on latest countdown) : Came into Stipe fight to just destroy him like he was nothing and he's never approached a fight like that /also , that wasn't him in the first fight
Ortega (on latest countdown Before they took it down ) - jumped in frozen lake night before fight and felt sick next day before fight, couldn't put weight back on

And then there's -
Mas - short camp
Nate - he actually never lost Mas fight
Conor - inefficient with energy/balewn foot /tree times his size.....

I mean damn dude, It's the default nowadays ....?

Am I trippin?
Its 2021 . Every body is a sus

You're welcome!
Now that i think about it, i'm probably the opposite in terms of F1/racing cars than what i was back then, i know much less about who's currently driving, but much more about driving itself, lol.
I don't, though I have been Go-Karting a few times since then which is fucking amazingly fun! I can't drive though, well officially.

Ay i really find aerodynamics interesting, at least the basics of it. I *love* how insane of an influence it can make, if done properly and if you look at the supercars, especially the "top of the foodchain" ones, you'll notice that the focus on aerodynamics has increased massively since the last 8 years or so.
I rank street legal supercars - performance-wise - by their nordschleife lap time, and in order for you to get an idea, i got some of the previous record holders, as well as the current one and possible future ones and their performance figures, lap times, etc.:
Damn some of those bad boys look amazing, that AMG(2021) !!!
Very interesting, can you drive? whats the fastest car you've ever been in? I went int TVR Tuscan once and it was fucking nuts!

As you can see, the downforce figures continuously increase, whereas power (Valkyrie and One aside) doesn't necessarily.
Over the years, nurburgring nordschleifer lap times have become something the car companies (with sports cars, anyways) have become very interested in, for this reason, top speed did - kinda - decline, whereas downforce, grip, etc. massively improved, resulting in way faster lap times.
The 2021 GT3 (the regular one) is already faster on the nordschleife (6:55) than the 918 (6:57) and as you might know if you're somewhat familiar with Porsche, their fastest cars are (in this order) always:
  • GT3
  • GT3 RS
  • GT2
  • GT2 RS
  • Supercar/Hypercar
Oh and before i forget, the Valkyrie's aerodynamics are something else - usually, with most standard wings, splitters, etc., you'll get better downforce but always more drag, which leads to less top speed but more cornering speed.
With the Valkyrie however, the shape is so clever (the car is essentially hollow underneath, which creates a low pressure are, making the air move faster underneath, hence sucking the car to the road) that it has ridiculous downforce but also not much drag.
The Valkyrie - with its naturally aspirated V12 engine - will also sound like an oldschool Formula 1 car.
Valkyrie looks ridiculous! imagine driving that around and just completely deafening people... Super interesting shit here, i'm very out of my depth though lol.

Had no idea about the taxi driver thing, that's funny!
Remember him doing rally stuff though, i think, that's cool for sure.
Not sure what's more difficult, but Rally driving is surely more dangerous, it's mindblowing to me to see them do these jumps and drifts at ridiculous speeds, on loose ground, with trees or slopes all around.
Completely nuts, especially in the group B days (when there were unfortunately lots of deaths).

Yeah I think in Iceland everyone has Rally skills to some degree, seems to breed amazing drivers because the country is basically one big Rally circuit lol.
I believe F1 requires far more physically, a lot of people don't understand how much it takes physically to drive cars like that for that amount of time, though it is kind of weird because most competitors in F1 are just rich kids.

Yeah, now that i think about it, i found it kinda difficult to master those corners 01 and 02 after coming from the straight, they're kinda hard to assess, ngl.
Hardest corner in F1 is hard enough to get right not even in a race, never mind whilst people are trying to overtake you with a load of debris and crashed cars in the way lol.

Shit, i totally forgot Spa! Mad track, the part after the starting straight, the "Eau rouge" (must be the 02/03) is crazy. (The whole track is and i really like it, but the eau rouge in particular).
That's how a race track has to be!
BTW: Stefan Bellof, a german race driver (who in 1983 drove the fastest nordschleife lap until 2018 for race cars - 06:11 - in the qualifying for the 24 hour race there, with other cars on the track!) died in an accident in that famous eau rouge corner in 1986... sad day...
Yeah you are right 02/03 is the Eau rouge, amazing part of the track also my favourite bit, up hill and with a fucking massive forest scenery, lovely stuff indeed.
That's rough! Thank fuck safety in the sport has come a long way!

Oh hey, before i forget!
You remember the fastest road legal car lap on the nordschleife was a 6:43, right?

The best time EVER (obv. from a race car, lol) was done out of competition (for marketing) by an unrestricted Porsche 919, a Le Mans car.
It did the lap in 5 minutes and 19 seconds - that's an average speed of 234 km/h or 145 mph and yes, it looks just as fast - if you haven't seen it, check it out, it's bananas.
The specs of the car are:
Layout: mid-engine V4 turbo hybrid, 4WD
Time: 5:19:546 (i assume below 6:15, if not way faster)
Weight: 849 kg (1871 lbs)
Horsepower: 1160
Torque: ?
0-100 km/h (0-62 mph): ?
0-200 km/h (0-124 mph): 4 s
0-300 km/h (0-186 mph): <8 s
Top speed: 369 km/h (229 mph)
Downforce in kg: no idea, but 53% more than the standard 919 and more than a F1 car. so probably ~2000 kg (4409 lbs), if not more.

(The unrestricted evo was also 12 seconds faster than the pole time for the usual 919 at Spa, lol)

Damn! that's crazy, does look really fucking fast haha.. All this talk is making me want to watch some F1 again {<redford}

Same here, he's really good, though i only remember him from Captain America: Civil War and Rush, lol.
The Edukators is actually named "Die fetten Jahre sind vorbei" (The fat years are over) in germany, lol - only know the movie from the name though...

Anyways, take care bro, i've once again gone off the rails with a post here, hahaha <45><45><45>

Was also in Inglorious Basterds.. Ha no way, that's maybe a better title! It's a pretty interesting film I think, not at all what I expected.

<Dany07>Everyone knows this thread on excuses needed more 1000 word posts about Cars my dude!

d43652194cc691022ff941b1d034ec81.gif
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Mental toughness is a huge part of fighting.

A lot of guys need to live in that world that they are unbeatable 24/7. So if that takes an excuse of why they lost they'll run with it to stay mentally strong no matter how little or crazy that excuse may be.

I don't, though I have been Go-Karting a few times since then which is fucking amazingly fun! I can't drive though, well officially.
Go-Karting is the shit, i loved it the very few times i did it!
Damn some of those bad boys look amazing, that AMG(2021) !!!
Very interesting, can you drive? whats the fastest car you've ever been in? I went int TVR Tuscan once and it was fucking nuts!
Yeah i can - though i'm not some exceptionally good driver, probably slightly below average, lol.
I think the fastest one i've been in was a Mercedes E-class coupe (from 2014 i think), but i didn't drive myself, haha.
We've been going as fast as 260 or 270 km/h (162-168 mph), maybe a bit slower, IIRC.
Valkyrie looks ridiculous! imagine driving that around and just completely deafening people... Super interesting shit here, i'm very out of my depth though lol.
I suppose it's going to be hushed a bit, as it's supposed to be street legal when it comes out, but i agree otherwise, it's an astonishingly fast and visually stunning car!
Yeah I think in Iceland everyone has Rally skills to some degree, seems to breed amazing drivers because the country is basically one big Rally circuit lol.
I believe F1 requires far more physically, a lot of people don't understand how much it takes physically to drive cars like that for that amount of time, though it is kind of weird because most competitors in F1 are just rich kids.
Yeah, they're more often used to it, surely that helps!
100%, the cornering and braking forces are second only to stunt and fighting airplanes, it's no coincidence they all have the bodies of model guys.
Hardest corner in F1 is hard enough to get right not even in a race, never mind whilst people are trying to overtake you with a load of debris and crashed cars in the way lol.
I can imagine.

In terms of reaction time and their spatial sense they're insane too.
Räikkönen entered this corner at approx. 140 km/h (87 mph)
1faa3c09a88c9e4d911d5d03708eebea.gif

He hits the guard railing a bit, but still super impressive.
Yeah you are right 02/03 is the Eau rouge, amazing part of the track also my favourite bit, up hill and with a fucking massive forest scenery, lovely stuff indeed.
That's rough! Thank fuck safety in the sport has come a long way!
Agree and agree, man.
Damn! that's crazy, does look really fucking fast haha.. All this talk is making me want to watch some F1 again {redford}
Crazy, innit?
Was also in Inglorious Basterds.. Ha no way, that's maybe a better title! It's a pretty interesting film I think, not at all what I expected.

Dany07Everyone knows this thread on excuses needed more 1000 word posts about Car's my dude!

d43652194cc691022ff941b1d034ec81.gif
[/QUOTE]
Oh he was? had no idea, lol.

That's TOTALLY what this thread needed!
<{jackyeah}><{jackyeah}><{jackyeah}>

Back