Are either Chandler or Oliviera one of the best two fighters in the division?

Chandler is going to fucking wreck this whole division. Hooker was his toughest matchup, then Oliveira/Conor, then Poirer, and finally Gaethje. I'm leaving Makachev out for the moment because he needs another win to get into the conversation.

There is no one in the division that I wouldn't highly favor Chandler over.

Now, he is on the older side, and I wouldn't be surprised if he dropped off pretty fast athletically at some point soon, but until then he is going to clean out the rankings.

I'd take both of them over Gaethje and put them about on the same level with Poirier.

Oliveira fought Tony when he was already broken, he took the beating of his life from Justin and at that age, you can't come back from it. Justin's win was also more dominant.
let me ask you this is tony better on the feet or on the ground?
the obvious answer is on the ground
and charles DOMINATED him there

fans where saying tonys bottom game is soo good he will give even khabib trouble and charles did what he wanted with him treating tony like a child.
even landed cleaner strikes on the feet

let me ask you this is tony better on the feet or on the ground?
the obvious answer is on the ground
and charles DOMINATED him there

fans where saying tonys bottom game is soo good he will give even khabib trouble and charles did what he wanted with him treating tony like a child.
even landed cleaner strikes on the feet

Do you understand that Justin broke Ferguson and that he's not the fighter he used to be anymore ? He took too much damage and at that age, you can't comeback from it.

That win means nothing for me, if Charles beats Chandler, I'll change my mind about him and will say that I was wrong. I think that Chandler kicks his ass.

I think Chuck O has really improved and is looking good in his recent fights. I don't think all of those guys would beat him. I know this isn't part of the equation, but I think Chucky would have been a better matchup for Khabib on the ground than any of those guys.

Hard to say 8 wins in a row with 7 finishes in the UFC doesn't deserve the title shot more than others (the lone non-finish being Ferguson). Especially since those others have had their shot and lost.

Last edited:
I think Oliveira is, but whether Chandler is - yet to be seen. I look forward to finding out though!

In terms of skillset, I believe Poirier and Gaethje have the upper hand on the entire division right now.

Back