Are either Chandler or Oliviera one of the best two fighters in the division?

Charles could take gaethje down and sub him. Could go to a decision over gaethje via mixing up striking and grappling, and maybe tko him.

it doesn’t have to solely be striking based. And cmon, factor in the win streak.
I don't think Charlie Olives can take (or at least keep) Gaethje down. But, Oliveira has looked darn impressive as of late. Also in the standup. Clean striking, good movement.

I don't think Charlie Olives can take (or at least keep) Gaethje down. But, Oliveira has looked darn impressive as of late. Also in the standup. Clean striking, good movement.
Gaethje as good as his chin is can get rocked and in a moment like that, as we have seen oliviera do before, Charles can lock in a sub from anywhere. Sure gaethje got the power to put anyone out, but Charles hasn’t been finished with strikes in a long time since the felder fight near 3.5 years ago.

I would like to see oliviera vs gaethje at some point soon.

For sure. Justin and Dustin are up there too.

Conor is not even top 5.

1. Poirier
2. Oliveira (has evolved/matured into a very complete fighter)
3. Chandler (very accurate striker with legit one-punch KO power and very good MMA wrestler)
4. Makhachev (dominant wrestling)
5. Gaethje (5-3 in the UFC, has been finished 3 times, has holes in his ground game for MMA)
6. Dariush
7. Dos Anjos
8. McGregor
9. Ferguson
10. Dawson

I agree but on any given night they can all beat each other. Makes for a great division.
totally agree.

the division is hot fire with out khabib lol.

i wonder if lhw and lw will go back to round 2007 when the belt was changing hand nearly every defence for a few years.

Chandler is by far the best.

he is basically the prime Anderson silva of LW.
He will reign indefinitely
LOL. I disagree, though. I think Chandler will only hold the LW belt until 2034.

Last edited:
I think Poirier beats both of them, and Gaethje beats Chandler but loses to Charles.

I agree, though I'm not completely sure about Gaethje-Charles. But with Poirier-Conor fighting and Gaethje coming off a loss, it's the best fight they could make.

Bisping vs. Henderson was the worst. Hendo was 46 and 3-6 in his prior 9 fights. Jacare, Romero, Whittaker, Mousasi, even a rubber match with Rockhold all would've made more sense--and all would've been tougher fights for Bisping, who barely won. That's the kind of fight you should only consider if someone has cleared out the division or literally everyone else is injuredl

Poirier and Mcgregor are fighting for the money trilogy and Gaethje doesn't deserve it at the moment... So Yes, both are no doubt top contenders to fight for the interim belt.... And by the way- Bisping beat the actual champ Rockhold and almost finished cherry picking Silva...
He also almost got finished by 40 year old Hendo. Just saying lol

Dustin and Justin are both better.

It's entirely possible that both could beat Khabib if he didn't retire. He didn't really face anyone like either of them in his career.
Lol, I hope you're kidding me

What a crazy situation. Chandler has no business fighting for the belt after 1 win.
Somewhere Ben Askren is thinking, if things had worked out just slightly different he could have been fighting for the title in his second fight in the UFC, after beating Lawler.

1. Poirier
2. Oliveira (has evolved/matured into a very complete fighter)
3. Chandler (very accurate striker with legit one-punch KO power and very good MMA wrestler)
4. Makhachev (dominant wrestling)
5. Gaethje (5-3 in the UFC, has been finished 3 times, has holes in his ground game for MMA)
6. Dariush
7. Dos Anjos
8. McGregor
9. Ferguson
10. Dawson

Why conor at 8 hahahha

Oh lame. I just thought once they officially stopped listing khabib as champ then naturally this was for the undisputed, didn’t look into it further than that.

this is so stupid.
This is not for an interim belt, it's for the undisputed.
I actually don't mind interim belts but there's no point creating an interim when the actual belt is vacant. When there's an interim champ and the undisputed champ vacates, the interim champ gets promoted.

The winner of this fight is the best fighter in the division yes.

This is not for an interim belt, it's for the undisputed.
I actually don't mind interim belts but there's no point creating an interim when the actual belt is vacant. When there's an interim champ and the undisputed champ vacates, the interim champ gets promoted.
yeah i looked and saw later.

good its for the undisputed belt. if this was some interim shit that would have been a sickening act from the ufc to do that.

Remember how Khabib won the vacant LW belt by beating a short-notice opponent ranked like 10 or 11 who wasn't even eligible to win the belt himself? It wasn't great but at least we already knew Khabib was legit.

Chandler and Oliveira are both legit. Poirier is arguably the top LW, but we all know he didn't want the TS. This is like 2 vs 3.
QFT
Thread destroyed by post #7
So many sherbros have the attention span of a fruit fly

Back