Are dynamism and perceived athleticism overrated?

Nothing new? Show me a lineman who can put on 16000 lbs weights and jump 15 feet out of a bottomless pool without touching the ground, just with strength in his A level muscles.

show me a whale that can hold a stick and fly

I'm talking more about how a dynamic style often leads to the perception of being a superior athlete than looks. Or maybe it's the opposite and not having a dynamic style leads people to think of a fighter as an inferior athlete.

I think wrestlers are considered basic compared to guys who come from BJJ or striking backgrounds. I don't think it should be that way. Perhaps
because wrestling lacks the TMA aspect of belts and rankings and the flair of karate.

show me a whale that can hold a stick and fly

We're talking athleticism, not ability to hold sticks. A chimp can rip a stick away from any human and hold on to it. A chimp would get destroyed physically by tons of shit living in its natural habitat. They're D level at best.

Oh and whow me an eagle that can fly with 16000 lbs pounds weight on its back. Actually, show me one that wouldn't die with half that much weight on its back.

We're talking athleticism, not ability to hold sticks. A chimp can rip a stick away from any human and hold on to it. A chimp would get destroyed physically by tons of shit living in its natural habitat. They're D level at best.

Oh and whow me an eagle that can fly with 16000 lbs pounds weight on its back. Actually, show me one that wouldn't die with half that much weight on its back.

Sorry, still not impressed with the whale

We have been programmed since birth to see the athletic, handsome guy as good, and the out of shape, ugly guy as bad.
Look at Barbie and Heman.
Check out action movies.
Reality is different. The bad guy doesn't always wear a black hat.

If athleticism isn't winning you fights, it's because you don't have enough of it. True A level athlete that destroys everything in its natural habitat:

article-2377154-1AF3B8BF000005DC-452_964x732.jpg

The elephant is the true king of land animals not the lion XD

Back