Are DC and Gus getting easy rides to title shots?

When a champ starts cleaning out a division, contenders who can generate an interest gets easy rides. It's pretty normal.

Jones has fought far less worthy opponents, and didn't do that much to earn his own shot, so it's not like the division has a pristine image to uphold, even just recently.

Most people were of the view that Gus should have gotten an immediate rematch. Gus deserves the next shot more than anyone else simply because it was such a close fight.

DC has been dominating the HW division and now the LHW. Henderson is no measuring stick but the way he defeated Hendo says a lot about DC. DC is the next in line.

To make GUS and DC fight is not only unfair but stupid in a division that is already weak. Even from the financial viewpoint such a fight would be a suicide. Makes no sense at all.

Cormier Dominating LHW division is too much, Hendo offered no competition.

Bones has eliminated almost every contender in the division. AG is the only man to make him look human. Plus, he has already defeated a tough fighter in Jimi. He deserves the shot.

DC, while obviously a beast, is new to LHW. There's no reason to truly have these two fight at the moment. Let AG fight Bones. Is Glover signed up to meet anyone this year? DC vs Glover would really show where Fedor 2.0 is at.

DC's way was easy but he proved as HW so he doesn't need prove more.

No. Who else you want to see fight against Jones, anyway ?

I like your idea OP, I just don't like the idea of derailing a top contender. I think DC should get the fight, period. Gus already lost, and although it could be considered close, it wasn't as close as people made it out to be. The aura that Jones had somewhat disappeared because he fought a great fighter in Gus who finally made a bout competitive. But yeah, DC should get the next shot while Gus should have to fight one more top five contender. Besides, who has Gus "really" beaten in his run? Match up Gus against Glover, and if he wins, he gets the shot after DC. By the way, DC's resume at both heavyweight and light heavyweight speaks for itself.

Back