Are DC and Gus getting easy rides to title shots?

DC needs to face a top guy...Hendo was that a couple years ago. I always liked him, but for DC to be talking like he is, he needs another quality win or two! Gus is getting what he deserves, too bad he can't wear eye protection...lol I'd like to see DC beat at the very least Rumble;)

Most people were of the view that Gus should have gotten an immediate rematch. Gus deserves the next shot more than anyone else simply because it was such a close fight.

DC has been dominating the HW division and now the LHW. Henderson is no measuring stick but the way he defeated Hendo says a lot about DC. DC is the next in line.

To make GUS and DC fight is not only unfair but stupid in a division that is already weak. Even from the financial viewpoint such a fight would be a suicide. Makes no sense at all.

kobe-hilariously-confused-reaction-gif.gif

You had me until you lost me with that $hit you were saying about Cormier dominating HW and LHW.......

He beat Nelson, Mir, Cummins, and Henderson and that means he dominated two divisions???
LHW isn't weak....there will always be someone else ascending the ranks. Granted he was booked to fight Rashad, but he should have fought either Gus or Phil Davis before he would start proclaiming that he is next in line......if UFC had real competition, we'd be getting a better quality of fights. Even if he lost to Gus, 1 or 2 more wins and he would be right back in title contention.....I miss Pride....At least most of the top ranked middleweights fought each other....

Gus has twice now.
DC has earned it, although at this point they are giving him an easy path so not to ruin what has already been earned.

on a business standpoint, it would be more beneficial for the organization if they do JBJ-Gus and JBJ-DC rather than JBJ fighting whoever wins between DC and Gus

Doesn't make sense. Gus should fight Jones before the end of the year. Cormier could shore up his resume in the meantime by fighting Rashad Evans or perhaps the winner of Nogueira/Rumble.

So TS...who do you suggest Jones fights next?

I'd still like to see DC vs Evans while Gus fights Jones

Ok Bones Jones.

But yeah your'e right. Would love to see DC vs. Shad or Rumble before fighting the champ. I think that's fair.

So TS...who do you suggest Jones fights next?

I'd still like to see DC vs Evans while Gus fights Jones

he should be fighting DC next. but my point is Dc and Gus should have already fought.

if DC cant beat Gus he has no claim to be fighting for the belt and if Gus cant beat DC he should not be facing Jones next, is that not how things are supposed to work?

Eh, not really. There isn't as many potential title contenders at LHW like their is in most other divisions

Jones and Glover beat Bader, Machida beat last-fight Randy, Rampage beat Hamill, Vitor and Sonnen got free title shots (Sonnen coming off a L).

he should be fighting DC next. but my point is Dc and Gus should have already fought.

if DC cant beat Gus he has no claim to be fighting for the belt and if Gus cant beat DC he should not be facing Jones next, is that not how things are supposed to work?

It's really not the norm that the title challenger defeated the #2 fighter in the weight class. It doesn't happen a lot of the time. TJ, Weidman, Melendez, Mendes are some immediate examples that come to mind.

basic marketing strategies 202... thinning out for raking in

why have him fight the loser of a fight anyway? that doesnt sound kinda dumb? also why get rid of contenders? kinda lost phil davis that way (but humble is more exciting and maybe cheaper, so they gained a great replacement)

No. Bones already cleaned out his division. So it's a good idea to give Gus the rematch, then DC. Otherwise it's a wasteland of dead contenders. Gus and DC can match after the dust settles, assuming Bones loses.

"Why are you guys so interested in his personality? Or his dirty style? You guys are a bunch of schoolgirls! Get a life! Just enjoy his fights ffs!"

"No not THAT fight. Or that fight. And certainly NOT t-h-a-t fight!!"

TommyLeeJonesCaptainAmerica-thumb-550x406-39774.jpg

Ok so then who gets the next title shot after you've eliminated the next contender?

Gus lost his first shot. DC looks sharp. Give DC the shot. Let Gus smoke Glover or someone else. Then DC and the Swede for the belt.

And if Glover or someone else like Rashad/Bader/Hendo/Chael/Davis beats Gus then what....you knock off Jones biggest adversary/money fight for people jones already dominated

kobe-hilariously-confused-reaction-gif.gif

You had me until you lost me with that $hit you were saying about Cormier dominating HW and LHW.......

He beat Nelson, Mir, Cummins, and Henderson and that means he dominated two divisions???
LHW isn't weak....there will always be someone else ascending the ranks. Granted he was booked to fight Rashad, but he should have fought either Gus or Phil Davis before he would start proclaiming that he is next in line......if UFC had real competition, we'd be getting a better quality of fights. Even if he lost to Gus, 1 or 2 more wins and he would be right back in title contention.....I miss Pride....At least most of the top ranked middleweights fought each other....

Palelei, mir, Nelson, bigfoot, Barnett. All completely and utterly dominated. Not even close fights. So yes, he has cleaned out pretty well

Back