Are Dan Severn's post 1990s MMA fights all staged exhibitions?

Dude is a pro wrestler

Yeah but he was advertised as a mixed martial artist scheduled to compete in legitimate mixed martial arts contests.

Blatant fraud by deceptive advertising as far as I can tell.

These fake fights got included on his fight record and he is listed as defeating 101 opponents. But the vast majority of those 'wins' were entirely contrived.

Fucking shameful, morally corrupt and pathetic behaviour.

Last edited:
I was always a fan of Severn. His performances in the early UFCs were very impressive at the time, but I can't help but notice the very fake looking fights he has participated in in later years.

His match with James Thompson at Ultimate Combat 11 was a joke. His match for Cage Rage was more fake crap.

Fake MMA is interesting to me anyway, but Severn seems to have taken it to a new level, and I hadn't heard anyone talk about this before. Any input is appreciated. Cheers.

If you´re really a fan of his, you should only care about fights during his prime.

If you´re really a fan of his, you should only care about fights during his prime.

.....and ignore all the fraud?

I respect him for his real fights.

I disrespect him for conning his paying audience with his bogus ones.

Last edited:
.....and ignore all the fraud?

I respect him for his real fights.

I don't respect him for conning his audience.
Forget these fights out of his prime.

He had pro wrestling career before mma and he knows what's more important than trying not to lose.b

Fans who paid to see him perform at a pro wrestling show knew that they were watching a staged exhibition (unless they were a child).

Fans who paid to see him perform on an MMA show deserved to get what they paid for. Not some intelligence insulting slap-fest.

Last edited:
http://fightlinker.com/dan-severns-fixed-fights-and-weak-opponentsmma/

Severn says none of his MMA fights were fixed.

He says there were times when he toyed with his foe and didn't go in for the kill, so it just looked like it was fake fighting, but wasn't.

He neglected to try to explain why his opponents never struck him with any considerable force in these 'fights' either though.

Watch them on youtube. Dan was basically a punching bag in speedos after 2004. So why didn't any of his opponents blast him with any serious strikes?

Because it was bullshit.

His MMA victories are as authentic as his pro wrestling ones.

Strip all his fake wins off his MMA record.

I'm surprised he hasn't tried to add all his pro wrestling wins to his MMA record too.

Last edited:
Good luck with getting fights stripped without irrefutable proof, hell Sherdog still has many blatant and well known shoot events on records

I wasn't seriously attempting to begin any kind of process to have his record amended.

Just pointing out that that's exactly what should happen.

Yeah but he was advertised as a mixed martial artist scheduled to compete in legitimate mixed martial arts contests.

Blatant fraud by deceptive advertising as far as I can tell.

These fake fights got included on his fight record and he is listed as defeating 101 opponents. But the vast majority of those 'wins' were entirely contrived.

Fucking shameful, morally corrupt and pathetic behaviour.

Ah I think that is criminal, at least Brock is really known and billed as Pro Wrestler, Dan Severn is a legit Greco Guy so it is really easy that he deceived people with those fixed fights.

With all these said this kinda tarnishes the legitimacy of early MMA.

Yeah it does.

I assume that event promoters are in on it too.

If anyone feels I am being overly disrespectful to Severn. Please consider the following.....

Severn respects MMA so much that he habitually tarnished it's reputation for his own financial gain and to bolster his fight stats.

He respects MMA fans so much that he worked them like some carny huckster with a rigged coconut stall.

Last edited:
wall.gif

bomb.gif

haha the dungeon match :D

Did you ever hear about Severn's idea to start shooting on everyone in a royal rumble match and legit win the thing?

I think it's just more lies to be honest. If he tried that, all the other wrestlers would just rugby scrum him until he got with the script and stopped being so silly.

Bouncing the back of your head off a cement floor covered in a thin carpet is not a good thing. How many guys did Owen Hart hurt in his career? I know the worst injury his sloppiness caused was Steve Austin's neck. Who else did he hurt?

But to the topic, there are so many ways to fix fights to get a desirable outcome for the promoter/fighter. It's not limited to Dan Severn's career. Ask the UFC how they benefited from having McGregor being carried by a boxer for nearly 10 rounds who was likely pulling his punches and lose without being knocked out or knocked down. McGregor lost to a journeyman Nate Diaz and can now stand with one of the all-time greats in boxing after a short boxing only training camp? Get fucked.

It has and will always be about money and maintaining illusion.

Bouncing the back of your head off a cement floor covered in a thin carpet is not a good thing. How many guys did Owen Hart hurt in his career? I know the worst injury his sloppiness caused was Steve Austin's neck. Who else did he hurt?

He hurt Severn with a piledriver actually.

But Severn got his revenge.
upload_2017-8-30_14-41-7.jpeg

Owen was a botch machine.

He botched his promo at royal rumble '94 when he told Bret why he kicked his leg out of his leg.

He dropped Austin on his head with that weird piledriver and fucked him up really bad.

He tripped on the entrance ramp while chasing Triple H at royal rumble '98

He broke his own ankle stepping off the turnbuckle during a match with Barry Windham on TV.

He died when he foolishly tried to do a flying elbow drop from the rafters of the arena.

5 botches in 5 years = botch machine.

Last edited:

But to the topic, there are so many ways to fix fights to get a desirable outcome for the promoter/fighter. It's not limited to Dan Severn's career. Ask the UFC how they benefited from having McGregor being carried by a boxer for nearly 10 rounds who was likely pulling his punches and lose without being knocked out or knocked down. McGregor lost to a journeyman Nate Diaz and can now stand with one of the all-time greats in boxing after a short boxing only training camp? Get fucked.

It has and will always be about money and maintaining illusion.

Dan Severn was terrible at maintaining that illusion after 2004.

The fact that 90% of his opponents don't even have Wikipedia pages along with these unknown tanktown promotions, is a huge red flag.

Back