Are Dan Severn's post 1990s MMA fights all staged exhibitions?

Andy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I was always a fan of Severn. His performances in the early UFCs were very impressive at the time, but I can't help but notice the very fake looking fights he has participated in in later years.

Fake MMA is interesting to me anyway, but Severn seems to have taken it to a new level, and I hadn't heard anyone talk about this before. Any input is appreciated. Cheers.

Last edited:
I think he was one or two confirmed works. I believe Shannon Ritch was involved which is no surprise. He for sure has more potentially worked fights also you're right

Didn't he have at least one Ken Shamrock work in the 90's?

He had a work with Forrest Griffin in 2001 or so.

The Shamrock fight you mentioned was hindered by a weird temporary no striking rule implemented by the SAC if I recall correctly. I don't think it was an actual fake fight.....it was just shit.

Staged MMA discredits all those involved in my opinion.

staged MMA is awesome when only 1 guy (shamrock) is in on it

How will Ken find a way out this time ?

It's like a new form of professiona wrestling just way more dangerous/edgier cause the fight is real until it's Bail time and shamrock
executes his master plan

His fight with Petruzelli in 2004 was not worked as he got the breaks beaten off him and they didn't stop the fight.

I saw him fight in king of the cage against a bunch of local mma "fighters" they weren't works but you could totally tell they didn't belong in there and had terrible records

Him and Forrest had a weird one..

TS's avatar clearly shows this is an Illuminati plot to discredit Severn.

Wake up sheeple!

TS's avatar clearly shows this is an Illuminati plot to discredit Severn.

Wake up sheeple!

What surprises me is, after all this years, nobody in Sherdog's history has used the nickname "andy"

He just signed yesterday and surprisingly "Andy" wasn't taken

They tried to tell me I couldn't use the name because it was already being used, but I skyped the moderators and gave them my death stare until they conceded.

<{Joewithit}>

He fought Josh Barnett in Superbrawls post 1990s which was legit

And he got his knee destroyed by Pedro Rizzo in the UFC past the 90s as well

Severn has a ton of worked fights, he was doing worked MMA before UFC even existed, look up Dan Severn vs Nobuhiko Takada fights on Youtube, they were actually really good worked shoot style pro wrestling matches, MMA was born out of worked shoot pro wrestling. At the end of the day MMA, even the real stuff, is just another of the many different styles of pro wrestling.

Severn has many many worked MMA cage fights though. I've read a lot of reports in the old Observers where he would show up to an event and his opponent would get nervous and try to back out so they would just work a finish so nobody would get hurt and everybody still made money.

Yeah I was aware of Severn before he competed in the UFC. I remember seeing him in the UWFI bushido shows on sky tv and thinking it was all legit.

I had an old NWA fancam on VHS that had him on it too. My dad used to tell me to watch the real bushido stuff rather than all that fake WWF crap :D

I forgot about the Rizzo fight.

So Dan had a couple of legit fights between 2000 and 2004, but then he decided to just start hoodwinking everyone?

Last edited:
Easy does it, fellas. We don't want anyone getting hurt in there.....

He fought Josh Barnett in Superbrawls post 1990s which was legit

And he got his knee destroyed by Pedro Rizzo in the UFC past the 90s as well

The Rizzo fight probably dameged him so much that he can only do "Works".

Yeah that's what I think too.

I can't understand why crowds didn't boo the shit out of these obviously worked fights though.

What surprises me is, after all this years, nobody in Sherdog's history has used the nickname "andy"

He just signed yesterday and surprisingly "Andy" wasn't taken

The original was taken out by the CIA, this one is clearly a plant.

Back