Are any of you guys IMPRESSED with rondas competition???

I'm impressed by Joanna Jed.

And Ronda's Judo

Tate was decent. But she had the stupidest game plan in the history of MMA in the 2nd fight. I'm still baffled by that.

If Holly Holm can work on takedown defense like a maniac I think she could stand a chance.

HH was crushing D-level comp, now that she's fighting C-level comp she's barely getting by. RR vs. HH in a kickboxing match would be interesting.

Bethe was a 32 year-old prospect with very little pedigree who beat no one and didn't earn her shot, much like Liz Carmouche. Cat, Tate, mcmann, alexis davis were actually near the top of the division when they fought her, mcmann's wins weren't that great but she had the lifetime athlete pedigree.

It's like a one dimensional UFC one level fighter [And that is being very generous] beating something even lower than cans...

Anyone that takes WMMA seriously after that laughable striking display must have some form of fetish or something.

Nope, shes the Royce Gracie of the early womens era. That said, it aint her fault everyone else is a bunch of scrubs.

we know ronda is better than her competition but what does that mean?

ive seen them fight her and they swing away like its their first time fighting or something.

maybe its just me I guess..

I dislike Ronda very much, but go ahead name 135 pound women you want her to fight.

She fights and destroys who is in front of her. This is the best she can do in her division.

What she needs to do to impress me even more, is move up and beat Cyborg.

Then she becomes the undisputed female GOAT fighter.

I dislike her as a person, but respect her as a female fighter. I hate it when she isn't willing to fight Cyborg at 145. I can't call her the best female fighter until she does that. Simple as that.

I heard her opponent starting training 3 years ago to lose weight. That was her toughest opponent so far according to the UFC and ronald herself.

I hate it when she isn't willing to fight Cyborg at 145. I can't call her the best female fighter until she does that. Simple as that.

What a ridiculous opinion to have. Someone has to be the best. Nobody has accomplished anything close, so what type of mental gymnastics are you doing to put someone else ahead?

It's like a one dimensional UFC one level fighter [And that is being very generous] beating something even lower than cans...
pretty much this
they should first bring in another olympian or judoka, then we'll see

She's beating everyone, so you can't really complain.

Not her fault she's that much better than everyone

What are you talking about, of course you can complain. This isn't a criticism of Ronda, she would still beat much better competition than she's currently facing but the majority of her opponents are genuinely embarassing for the sport.

This is basically Ronda's MMA career to date:

[YT]7t8xwpW8gJQ[/YT]

135 in the womens division is the best. She's just better come fight night despite how it looks on paper. However I do believe Cat can beat her, and beat her bad.

What a crap post.

There's 26 fighters in the division. It's easy to be #1 when the talent pool is so small.

LW and WW both have 100+ fighters in their divisions. As champion, that means there's over a hundred fighters nipping at your heels all the time. There's always a new opponent.

What? Have you ever even Sherdog'd before? lol. There's not a substantive Rousey thread alive that doesn't trash talk her division or opponents.
I've Sherdog'd long enough to know that the ideas and beliefs here are thankfully not spread anywhere else.

I don't even consider it competition. It's an A-Level fighter backed up with a division of D-Level fighters.

Yes, this^ its all relative. The rest of the division looks weak RELATIVE to Ronda who is exceptional. Take her out of the picture and we are back to close fights in many cases.

While its a given that Bethe's skill level was way below Ronda's, we cannot ignore the FACT that Bethe was undefeated, and I don't think its fair or accurate to classify her as a can .. because she's not.

By definition a "Can" can be crushed by just about anybody, and nobody else crushed Bethe except Ronda. I think that Kaufman, Holm, Eye, Tate, and Zingano would all beat Bethe, but I am certain that none of them would KO her in 34 seconds.

The fact that Bethe is a former secretary who only started training a few years ago and still managed to go undefeated and get a title shot tells you all you need to know about the level of competition in the women's 135 division.

Back