Are any of you guys IMPRESSED with rondas competition???

There is not a female fighter in history with a better collection of wins than Rousey. I'm not talking about how many wins or in what fashion, I mean quality of wins. No one with a better selection of wins exists, which is why this talk about Rousey's opponents being weak is so lame. She's literally consistently fought and won against tougher competition than any other female in the sport, ever.

Nope, women are bad at MMA.

She's a good fighter but it's unfortunate her competition sucks. I just don't like how the UFC is force feeding her down our throats like she just displayed an amazing feat of technical pedigree.

Ronda is a mythical creature. :rolleyes:

we know ronda is better than her competition but what does that mean?

ive seen them fight her and they swing away like its their first time fighting or something.

maybe its just me I guess..

Yet over and over again except for the fight against Bethe there were scores of people saying Ronda was going to lose before each fight. Why is that?

She's amazing, striking defence might be a bit so-so but she's dangerous everywhere.

No.

Ronda is the only one that has been a high level athlete and martial artist her entire life. She's years ahead of her competition.

135 in the womens division is the best. She's just better come fight night despite how it looks on paper. However I do believe Cat can beat her, and beat her bad.

Also, remove her from women's bantamweight and it would be highly competitive.

Yes, this^ its all relative. The rest of the division looks weak RELATIVE to Ronda who is exceptional. Take her out of the picture and we are back to close fights in many cases.

While its a given that Bethe's skill level was way below Ronda's, we cannot ignore the FACT that Bethe was undefeated, and I don't think its fair or accurate to classify her as a can .. because she's not.

By definition a "Can" can be crushed by just about anybody, and nobody else crushed Bethe except Ronda. I think that Kaufman, Holm, Eye, Tate, and Zingano would all beat Bethe, but I am certain that none of them would KO her in 34 seconds.

The Ronda Hyperbole spewed by Rogan and Goldie is sickening. It gets worse by the fight. I almost vomited listening to Rogan stroke his hard on for Rousey during the post fight interview. "I love you so much, your so special to me.... blah blah blah." Disgusting!

I noticed that this is the "it" word of the moment on Sherdog due to its excessive use ... the tribal mindset is real.

And did you really almost vomit listening to Rogan? You should take something for your sensitive stomach.

Bum fights has better competition.

The only fighters on the card whose stock rose were Cummins and Gadelha.

Edit: Alcantara looked good but I didn't look up the guy he fought.

Better calibre opponents than cyborg either way

There is not a female fighter in history with a better collection of wins than Rousey. I'm not talking about how many wins or in what fashion, I mean quality of wins. No one with a better selection of wins exists, which is why this talk about Rousey's opponents being weak is so lame. She's literally consistently fought and won against tougher competition than any other female in the sport, ever.

Cyborg's resume is just as good. That's why people want to see this fight. If Ronda retires without fighting Cyborg then it will be the ultimate * when it comes to her dominant reign. There are no fighters left for her in the UFC at 135. She should fight Cyborg at a catchweight or move up. If she wins she solidifies her legacy as the best WMMA fighter EVER.

Julio Ceasar Chavez went 43-0 with 40 KOs and he was getting shit on by the national press for his level of competition. Mike Tyson and Roy Jones Jr. continue to be disrespected for the opponents they beat. This same level of scrutiny does not exist in WMMA.

Yeah. Not by Bethe though. Bethe, her camp, and her huggers (Rousey haters) were severely delusional.

Tonight Bethe looked just like a girl who has been training for 4 years and won a split decision against a way past her prime Julie Kedzie.

Cat, Tate, Davis, Kaufman, Budd, McMann, Carmouche, all good wins. Cyborg only has Coenen, and Tate choked her out.

Nobody said Bethe would win. And that AV is messed up

her opponents are just terrible. terrible.

roy nelson would be the best fighter ever if all his division consisted of people from sherdog.

nothing bad to say about ronda though. she does what she needs to. it's not her responsibility to find good opponents.

I said no back on page 2, then I thought about it for a few minutes, and now I have to say no again.

Cyborg's resume is just as good. That's why people want to see this fight. If Ronda retires without fighting Cyborg then it will be the ultimate * when it comes to her dominant reign. There are no fighters left for her in the UFC at 135. She should fight Cyborg at a catchweight or move up. If she wins she solidifies her legacy as the best WMMA fighter EVER.

What? Cyborg's resume isn't even close to Rousey's. Like, really. Not even close. I'm talking about quality of wins not type of victory. I don't think any true Cyborg fan would ever deny that, either. It's not entirely Cyborg's fault, because there simply aren't a lot of 145ers to compete with her, which is why much of her career has been facing smaller women moving up to fight her. But, it doesn't change the fact that that's what it is.

Julio Ceasar Chavez went 43-0 with 40 KOs and he was getting shit on by the national press for his level of competition. Mike Tyson and Roy Jones Jr. continue to be disrespected for the opponents they beat. This same level of scrutiny does not exist in WMMA.

What? Have you ever even Sherdog'd before? lol. There's not a substantive Rousey thread alive that doesn't trash talk her division or opponents.

Back