Are aldo's leg kicks gonna be McGregor's kryptonite?

Aldo's boxing is the key to beating McGregor. He has to do something about the left straight that is putting everyone away. He has the head movement and the pivots to do it, and if he can slip that punch then counter it with his right hand he'll take away McGregor's one reliable attack. That would also prevent McGregor from pressuring him easily, which would open up more opportunities for Aldo to kick the legs.

This is a huge point imo. Much like Anderson for the longest time fighters played into his game. Most of the top tier will not let Connor set into his style of fight. Pressure is key.

Easier said than done though. I'm pretty sure Dustin and Siver knew this but executing it against a powerful, rangy guy is very tough.

Aldo doesn't want to be the next UFC 168 Anderson. Aldo's speed and accuracy will be McGregor's kryptonite.

Connor may be a capable kick checker but Aldo is one of the better fighters at setting up his kicks, and when he does that it is going to be hard for Connor to avoid just taking it without giving up another part of his defense.

I think Aldo taking to the ground is the bigger threat for Connor though. People forget sometimes how much of a beast Aldo is on the ground when he is on top, especially since he is more of a positional grappler. If he takes Connor down in a position where Connor can't quickly scramble back up, McGregor is going to be in trouble.

I can see them really decreasing Conors confidence as the fight goes, i'll feel the power. If they land that is.

You can bet that Aldo noted those leg kicks Siver landed on Conor.

McGregor better check kicks a shit ton better against Aldo, or his legs are going to look like raw hamburger.

People obviously aren't even watching Conor's fights if they think he's granted tons of space. He immediately takes the center of the Octagon and presses guys up against the fence. He's the one who gives them no space. That's why all of Conor's finishes come near the cage. He's crowding them. They're not playing into his game, Conor is forcing his game on them.

Isn't that really the same thing as what the other guy said just different wording?? He was making the point the the best fighters at FW also fight in their style and will not allow Conor to pressure them. I don't think anyone just allows the space

People seem to think Aldo would just destroy his legs, but Conor made an opponent brake a leg early in his career from checking his opponents kicks, and broke Holloway's foot with a check. Also, he's a southpaw so leg kicks are harder from an angles perspective to land.

He broke Holloway's foot with a check:

Broke a leg of an opponent a while ago:

I would think he'll gameplan to utilize a lot of those and to keep Aldo at bay with a jab. He'll have about a 4 or 5 inch reach advantage to throw over Aldo's jab as well.

Interesting. Conor is sure to have some sort of remedy in mind going into this fight, being such a student of the game.

Back