International Arctic Circle wildfires record-breaking emissions.

1562579519648_0708alaskaheatv2.jpg

<{hfved}>
Now, that's awkward.

Did this happen?

This same 10-year threat has been bandied about for the last 30 years. The people who peddle this "theory" are full of shit, and the people who believe them are idiots.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v..._years_if_we_dont_address_climate_change.html
I think that's a misunderstanding.

I interpret that as "if we don't act within the next ten years, then things will be unavoidably bad and we will eventually lose certain island nations.

Which we are. There are several islands in the Pacific where the sea is literally starting to rise through the earth and swallow the islands up.

I seriously think you're over simplifying the science.

what do you mean by feedback loop?
the permafrost holds methane, a GHG, as the climate changes from more Co2 it melts releasing more methane and causing more warming, causing more to melt and so forth. . .

what do you mean by feedback loop?
The theory is that a certain point the warning will get bad enough that the permafrost melts (happening already), this will release HUGE amounts of greenhouse gases (primarily methane, which is much worse than carbon), which will in turn trigger more warming, which will melt more permafrost, and so on and so on.

If that process starts to really get going, we have no idea how to stop it and the warming will be severe and much quicker than what we've experienced so far.

Is basically a massive tipping point and of we pass it, we may be totally fucked.

I know you posted thinking this is a clever "gotcha" but the point here is that wildfires are raging across areas that were previously permafrost. As more of it thaws, a vicious feedback loop is initiated. This is only the opening volley. You won't be joking about this in 10 more years.

Naw, it's weather, and equivalent to holding a snowball, and saying where is the global warming.

Look, climate change is real, but this isn't evidence for it. You would need a multi-decade trend of wildfires in the artic for this to mean something.

Btw, carbon taxes are for Goldman Sachs sock puppets. We need moonshots on technology innovation, like fusion, and hydrogen.

Naw, it's weather, and equivalent to holding a snowball, and saying where is the global warming.

Look, climate change is real, but this isn't evidence for it. You would need a multi-decade trend of wildfires in the artic for this to mean something.

Btw, carbon taxes are for Goldman Sachs sock puppets. We need moonshots on technology innovation, like fusion, and hydrogen.
sigh....
you could maybe argue this if this was an isolated freak case but the land revealed by retreating permafrost is recent.
permafrost_distribution_in_the_arctic_large.png

This is evidence that is presented ALONGSIDE vanishing coastlines and drowning islands.

sigh....
you could maybe argue this if this was an isolated freak case but the land revealed by retreating permafrost is recent.
permafrost_distribution_in_the_arctic_large.png

This is evidence that is presented ALONGSIDE vanishing coastlines and drowning islands.

Decades long trends of receding lines of ice are indeed a trend, that has meaning.

One year of retreating ice would mean nothing, just as these fires don't.

It's already happening dumbass.
gettyimages-495746004-1-b3b1608c1ff3c36ca6f3155c297dcc85bcc378fe-s800-c85.jpg

p24%20tokelau_warrior_dance_with_sign.jpg

Ask anyone in Miami if they dont believe in climate change.

I’m sorry. Give me the list of “entire nations” that have been “wiped off the face of the earth” by rising sea levels. I’ll wait.

Just as an aside, links and YouTube videos are not valid substitutes for cogent, informed arguments.

Le moi: Why aren't you fighting the fires?
Russia: Is fine, snow will get it... in few months

I’m sorry. Give me the list of “entire nations” that have been “wiped off the face of the earth” by rising sea levels. I’ll wait.

Just as an aside, links and YouTube videos are not valid substitutes for cogent, informed arguments.
Ha, those images and videos are there to help you willfully ignorant ass see what is happening. The residents of the Marshall Islands are relocating because the sea is engulfing them.
ejit-mobile.jpg

As is Kiribalti
Kiribati_1990462b.jpg

But why the fuck am I arguing with someone who is denying rising sea levels. I'm the real dummy here- trying to convince a retard of verifiable facts about the world he lives in.

Back